Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

cloudy urine with crystals

(10 Posts)
sannaville Mon 21-Jan-13 07:39:56

Hi all, dd2 is 3.5 she did a wee in the potty this morning and it had a huge with cloud in it with lots of small 'crystals' in it about the size of menthol crystals. Any idea what this could be? Couldn't get sample of it as the potty wasnt sterilised so I caught her next wee which unfortunatley looked normal other than a few crystals. She seems fine in herself no fever although she did oddly complain of back ache last night before bed

PetiteRaleuse Mon 21-Jan-13 07:42:48

Could be a kidney infection. You should get her seen by the Dr. Probably nothing serious but should be treated.

sannaville Mon 21-Jan-13 07:52:07

Thanks petite will ring doc this morn

PetiteRaleuse Mon 21-Jan-13 14:50:07

Good plan.

PetiteRaleuse Mon 21-Jan-13 14:51:18

What I meant to say was how did it go? Don't know what happened there!

sannaville Mon 21-Jan-13 15:26:34

Thanks petite just been gave a sample which tested clear for infections and everything else which I thought was odd as her wee smells oddly so thought would be infection but it showed small amount of blood in it so is being sent off for testing

PetiteRaleuse Mon 21-Jan-13 17:33:44

No infection is good. Good luck with the tests.

sannaville Mon 21-Jan-13 18:38:52

Thank you

MNHubbie Wed 23-Jan-13 05:28:33

Does she drink plenty of fluids?

MNHubbie Wed 23-Jan-13 05:33:52

Sorry hit post to soon. Me ant to say I wondered if dehydration might be a factor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now