Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Baby with a cold sleeping more-is this normal?

(7 Posts)
Susieloo Tue 01-Jan-13 07:57:00

Thanks nocake, hope your lo feels better soon, I elevated his cot after he woke up coughing and made himself sick and that seemed to help, doesn't seem that bothered about sleep today, up since 05.20 and not in a hurry for a nap, I'm wishfully thinking this means he's getting better.

nocakeformeplease Mon 31-Dec-12 22:11:18

My DD is 8 months and has a horrible cold at the moment and is sleeping loads. She slept for 9 hours solid last night (unheard of!), woke for a quick feed and then went back to sleep for another 2 hours at 7.30am

Hope your DS feels better soon

Susieloo Mon 31-Dec-12 14:36:49

Thanks debka, that's reassuring to knowsmile

debka Mon 31-Dec-12 13:48:14

Absolutely normal for mine too. Sleep heals.

Susieloo Mon 31-Dec-12 13:47:24

Thank you gold, it's just so out of character for him, he hasn't had more than a 40 minute nap in the day for weeks!

My dd would nap like that without a.cold!

I think ts fine - when im.under the weather all I want to do is sleep. My little nanna bless her, says "a sleep is as good as a feed!"

Susieloo Mon 31-Dec-12 13:19:06

Ds nearly six months has had a cold for a couple of days and has gone from the baby that never sleeps in the day to having huge naps, he's been up since 06.20 and had an hour and a half this morning and has now been asleep since 12. Is this normal when they are poorly, he's eating and drinking ok and is quite chirpy when awake.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now