Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Wheezing into 2013 - Support thread for parents of asthmatics

(994 Posts)
Sirzy Wed 26-Dec-12 14:19:15

As the old thread is filling up I thought I would get a new one started!

This thread is for anyone with a child with asthma, or asthma type symptoms. Between us we have to much experience of inhalers, nebulisers, steroids, sats and all things asthma!

lollipoppi Tue 17-Feb-15 22:24:06

He is quite settled at the moment so hope the steroids have kicked in

Good luck with your appointment next week

Sirzy Tue 17-Feb-15 21:23:13

Oh no Lolli hope he is better soon.

We are at the consultant next week so will get results then

lollipoppi Tue 17-Feb-15 21:14:58

Jinxed it! Massive asthma attack at 3am this morning, all day he's been really struggling, back on the steroids sad

lollipoppi Sun 15-Feb-15 12:26:23

How's everyone doing?

Sirzy any test results yet?

DS has his appt on the 23rd, I want to discuss reducing his seretide now he is doing so much better. Maybe to just 2 puffs a day, or take him off it and out him on a lower does preventer?

WellThatsLife Thu 29-Jan-15 13:17:08

dd had appointment with her consultant yesterday. As her peak flow has been up and down he has increased her seretide to 3 puffs twice a day(up to four if she gets really bad.). This is outside normal dosage but if this doesn't help she have to go on to daily pred which we want to avoid. I am just hoping she doesn't get the flu bug going round her school, out of about 700 kids over 200 are off today apparently and a lot of the teachers. There has been a shift in the viruses around and the flu jab may not give sufficient protection

lollipoppi Wed 28-Jan-15 20:00:30

I hope you get your results back soon Sirzy, with good news of course

Glad to hear your dd is getting better pebbles

Sirzy Wed 28-Jan-15 19:06:00

The scan is to check for any damage to the lungs and rule out any other cause for his problems

PeppaIsACowbag Wed 28-Jan-15 09:34:03

DD is doing a lot better after the pred thankyou. Hope you get good results for your ds sirzy.

lollipoppi Tue 27-Jan-15 20:28:23

What does the CT scan test for ?

Fingers crossed it's good results

Sirzy Tue 27-Jan-15 15:57:23

Yes he had it yesterday under GA. Just waiting of results now

lollipoppi Mon 26-Jan-15 19:01:36

Hi all how's everyone doing?

I've not posted for a while as DS has been doing really well and I don't want to jinx it! He has had a couple of colds and for the first time ever not been admitted to hospital with it.

Pebbles how's your dd doing now on the pred?

Sirzy has your DS had his CT scan now? Did they have to sedate him this time round?

PeppaIsACowbag Thu 22-Jan-15 18:15:48

DD started a course of pred today, wheezing a fair bit. Bloody cold weather!

PeppaIsACowbag Tue 20-Jan-15 19:26:05

Hi sirzy glad your ds is doing well. DD is ok but got bad cold and night time cough at min so were on double preventer dose and montelukast for a month. Her asthma nurse didn't want her to have another course of pred so soon after the last one so seeing how she gets on with that, plus 4 hourly ventolin.

Sirzy Mon 19-Jan-15 19:02:38

Hello all hope we are all well. DS is plodding on nicely managed to go a few weeks without major problems which is good, got his ct scan next week so hopefully that will give us answers.

PeppaIsACowbag Sun 18-Jan-15 19:42:30

Hope your ds is feeling better weazy.

PeppaIsACowbag Sun 18-Jan-15 19:40:55

Hope your ds is feeling better weazy.

Lones80 Fri 16-Jan-15 13:56:55

Sorry to hear you are back in Weazy. I hope he's feeling better now. It's been a few months since we were in (the preventer seems to be working), but I think he had to sleep unaided with a saturation of at least 92 before he could go home.

Weazy123 Tue 13-Jan-15 19:25:10

Hi, we're in hospital again. 4th time in 2 months. Thankfully he responds quickly to a couple of nebulizers and oxygen. He is asleep now with oxygen at 91 - what should it be?

PeppaIsACowbag Sun 11-Jan-15 21:50:50

How's everyones dc doing? We are just starting a 30 day course of montelukast over here.

PeppaIsACowbag Wed 31-Dec-14 21:31:39

Here here wine

Sirzy Wed 31-Dec-14 21:08:37

Yes it's settled thankfully.

Here is to a healthy 2014 for all our little ones

PeppaIsACowbag Wed 31-Dec-14 20:54:50

How's ds temp sirzy? Hope he's settled down now.

Hope your ds is better too tortoise. It took me a while to get DD a diagnosis of asthma, she had 6 chest infections in a year and they still wouldn't look into it, not until she had her first attack.

Can I just thank who gave the tip to do countdown then blast off really helped me get DDs pumps down smile

Sirzy Tue 30-Dec-14 17:54:53

Hopefully the increased steroid inhaler helps.

DS was doing better but finished antibiotics and has a low level temp at the moment so keeping a close eye on it for now

TortoiseInAShell Tue 30-Dec-14 13:24:23

FWIW the GP said not asthmatic, just bronchiolitis, so he's been treated accordingly. So looks like I didn't come to the right place here at all after all.

PeppaIsACowbag Tue 30-Dec-14 12:44:39

She's doing ok thanks sirzy, still a bit wheezy though even after ten pumps of ventolin. Her asthma nurse has increased her steroid pump to 4 puffs morning and night so seeing if that helps.

Has your ds chest infection cleared up yet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now