Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Hand foot and mouth

(6 Posts)
snowtunesgirl Mon 10-Dec-12 12:53:20

We have it too. I have had it mildly but still with spots on hands, feet and mouth and poor DH has got it very badly as has my DSis who was round at ours and caught it.

DD herself got it very mildly but boy has she taken down the adults big time. DH and DSis look like they have the plague!

Newmom2b Sun 09-Dec-12 10:29:54

I'm just snuggled on sofa with Ds. I'm pretty sure he has it and I do too!! Have spots all over my hands, feet and mouth! Hope it doesn't last too long?

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Thu 06-Dec-12 20:55:48

We had this. Dd1 had an enormous mouth ulcer, dd2 had spots all over her hands and I had spots all over the soles of my feet. My doctor said it was classic symptoms but spread out between us. He also said how interesting it was to see it on me as adults don't usually get it. confused

Las3097 Thu 06-Dec-12 20:42:44

My 15 month daughter has this - we are into our 4th night of it today. She has around 10 mouth ulcers on lips, tongue and under tongue, little viral spots on knees, wrists and groin and her mouth is like a waterfall! Hasn't eaten since Tuesday - will only have milk or water. It's been awful sad doc prescribed difflam spray to numb mouth and alternate nurofen and calpol through the day. It's horrible at night as she wakes completely soaked in dribble and wet bed, and ends up coming in with us, then is hysterical as soon as he wakes up in pain and hunger. Nasty virus sad

somanymiles Wed 05-Dec-12 21:42:02

Yes, all 3 of mine have had this. Not serious but can be uncomfortable. Look for spots in nappy region and on hands and feet. They can get sores inside their mouths too which makes it painful to eat. NHS information about it here: www.nhs.uk/conditions/Hand-foot-and-mouth-disease/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Mel86 Wed 05-Dec-12 16:22:54

My daughter has had a fever for a few days high temp sore throat and headaches today she has spots and a rash on her face, just been to the doctors but he's unsure what it is needs to see her in 24 hours but did mention hand foot and mouth disease. Has anyone else's children had this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now