Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Movicol and bedewetting

(8 Posts)
DaysieGoneBananas Sun 02-Dec-12 22:55:44

I had a thread earlier on my 5 year old son and his constipation. He has been on movicol now for 2 weeks and ever since starting to take it he has wet the bed at least once a night sometimes twice. Its never a little bit its always a lake and it (sorry tmi) it really stinks. I know little boys wee always smells but his is like a chemical type smell.
He goes to the toilet before bed and we get him up about 10pm to have a 'dream wee' and previously this has been great ... dry nights with the very occasional accident. He does drink quite a bit but when we take him to the toilet before bed he usually goes alot.
Has anyone had this when using movicol? or am i off to the doctors again?

DaysieGoneBananas Sun 02-Dec-12 23:01:46

obviously the title should be bedwetting!

DaysieGoneBananas Mon 03-Dec-12 11:02:30

anybody?

Katiebeau Mon 03-Dec-12 21:50:39

We find this too withDD3.5. but only when the next day massive bowel movement. I think it's to do with the gut activity affecting their ability to hold on. DD takes 2 doses a day, what's your son on?

DaysieGoneBananas Mon 03-Dec-12 22:40:05

Thank you SO much for the reply...I'm going crazy.
He has one dose about 5 - 6pm (bed time at 7ish)
He's having a bowel movement everyday pretty much, usually just after his meds but it seems to be every night he's wetting the bed in teh early hours or closer to 6am (inevitable get up time in our house).

Katiebeau Tue 04-Dec-12 21:39:17

When DD was on one a day we gave it at breakfast time and had no wetting issues. Only a problem now it's twice a day so one in the evening.

Perhaps switch to breakfast time?

AMumGoingMad Wed 05-Dec-12 22:33:14

We give all my ds's movicol in the morning (3 sachets). He's never been dry at night but since changing to morning dosing we've noticed he's now dry some nights (he's 6.5yrs).

DaysieGoneBananas Fri 07-Dec-12 23:51:34

Thank you. Does it seem to regulate your DC? DS seems to go randomly never at teh same time so changing it to a morning may be an idea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now