Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Arrrrrggghhh whooping cough :(

(6 Posts)
XBenedict Mon 26-Nov-12 22:38:24

Thanks Dolly, all quiet at the moment!

Dollydowser Mon 26-Nov-12 22:33:36

You sound as if you've got it covered. The worst stage was also the shortest, from memory. Their worst night produced 4 lots of bedding to wash! I remember that helpless feeling too, have an unMnetty hug (()). I hope she is soon over the worst.

XBenedict Mon 26-Nov-12 22:22:47

Thank you, she is vicked up tonight and I've put the humidifier on in her room It's so sad watching her, I feel so helpless sad

Dollydowser Mon 26-Nov-12 22:11:38

My 2 dc, 5 & 8 both had it over the summer. It was pretty awful at the vomiting stage, but how quickly we forget as I am racking my brains trying to think of things that helped. Vic on their feet and chest seemed to help, if I remember anything else I will come back to you.

VivaLeBeaver Mon 26-Nov-12 22:01:40

SaraStratton might have some tips, she's nc to santastrapon at the minute. Her dd had it over the summer.

I had it when I was 6 and remember it, was awful. Just having someone there to hold my hand, hold the bucket as I was sick helped. My parents took it in turns to sleep in my room as I'd wake choking and coughing which was scary.

XBenedict Mon 26-Nov-12 21:54:13

Anyone got any ideas how we can make it more bearable for DD sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now