Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

how often to bathe a 6mo

(10 Posts)
Pongwiffy Thu 22-Nov-12 10:01:46

Just wondering how many times I should be bathing DD! I do twice a week, then she has swimming and is showered after that. I don't use anything other than olive oil, is this right?! If she's very messy then she'll get an extra wash. I wash under her neck, nappy area every day.

vodkaanddietirnbru Thu 22-Nov-12 16:14:10

sounds fine

nocakeformeplease Thu 22-Nov-12 20:17:16

Sounds fine to me too.

I tend to bath DD (same age) most days but that's just because I stick her in when I bath DS because she loves a splash.

IShallCallYouSquishy Thu 22-Nov-12 20:23:09

I do my DD every evening but its more as part of her bedtime routine then actually needing it.

littlemissnormal Thu 22-Nov-12 20:24:06

I do the same as you to my 6mo.

InNeedOfBrandy Thu 22-Nov-12 20:24:33

When mine were babies that got bathed every day because of bedtime routine. I wouldn't say she's dirty with the few times a week though.

scarlettsmummy2 Thu 22-Nov-12 23:14:18

Every day at least once! First thing in morning when I am doing the three year old and again before bed.

SamSmalaidh Thu 22-Nov-12 23:17:23

You seriously bath your children twice a day? Is it an OCD thing?

InNeedOfBrandy Thu 22-Nov-12 23:17:40

A baby does not need 2 baths a day IMHO shock

Pongwiffy Thu 22-Nov-12 23:36:38

After I posted I had a look on NHS choices website and it seems that I'm doing fine smile, she finds baths too exciting to be a part of bedtime! Twice a day?! Does their skin not dry out? I'm delaying using lotions and potions for as long as possible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now