Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

7mo and poo (sorry)

(6 Posts)
Northernexile Wed 21-Nov-12 22:26:59

No worries, I hope it is just the teeth and it sorts itself out soon for you!

ImpYCelyn Wed 21-Nov-12 22:24:42

I think he has one coming through on the bottom, so fingers crossed that's it!

The rate has slowed down a bit today, and we've had fewer explosions (I really thought I was past the total-outfit-change stage), but it's still bright green. We're seeing the GP on Friday for something else, so unless he gets worse I'll just bring it up then.

Thanks again smile

Northernexile Wed 21-Nov-12 14:57:20

That's definitely possible actually. Does your DS have any teeth yet? My DD has one, and it popped after about a week of really excessive pooing. We had started weaning at around the same time, so we weren't sure of exactly what had caused it (we went to the docs who said there was nothing wrong, no infection, no dehydration etc).

The pooing carried on for a few days after the tooth popped, so we were wondering if it was more to do with diet than teething. I think teething can cause it though, I think it's something to do with them producing excess saliva. The hot cheeks are another symptom. Hopefully he'll pop a tooth for you soon. It does get wearing changing nappies every few minutes!

ImpYCelyn Tue 20-Nov-12 21:07:56

He's quite unsettled. But he's feeding pretty well and is weeing loads (more than normal in fact, he's leaking through nappies which he never has before). He's getting a bad nappy rash from it all sad

Could teething do it? He doesn't have any teeth yet, but he has the hot red cheek occasionally.

I'll see how he gets on overnight and tomorrow and the see about the GP.

Thanks for replying!

Northernexile Tue 20-Nov-12 14:47:33

My first thought was weaning, as that's what happened with my DD at first, but that's obviously not the case here.

Is your DS ok in himself? Is he still taking milk well and producing wet nappies? I was always told green poo was a sign of an upset tummy / diarrhoea, so I would probably be tempted to take him to the docs if it doesn't clear up in a day or two.

ImpYCelyn Mon 19-Nov-12 16:23:55

My 7 month old has been pooing a lot the last 3 days - 6ish times a day and lots of it, it's not normal for him. And today it's suddenly turned bright green - lurid pea green.

I know lots of poo can be normal for babies, so does this sound ok or is it a problem?

He's breastfed, and he's a weaning refuser at the moment, so he's not eating anything that could have done it.

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now