Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Toddler teeth growing parallel to each other

(6 Posts)
amazingmumof6 Tue 20-Nov-12 19:24:21

I meant 2 adult teeth - one behind another! like shark teeth - do take her to the dentist, they get quite take aback with all the shiny stuff so she should be ok! she can also sit on your lap anyway. good luck

suburbandream Mon 19-Nov-12 17:05:12

I'm sure the dentist will be good at getting her to sit still, they usually make a big fuss of them, let them play with the chair buttons, show them the lights etc, she'll be fine! smile

RichardSimmonsTankTop Mon 19-Nov-12 13:58:57

Hello, thanks for the replies.

amazing - I did see that it happens with older children's teeth - an adult tooth grows next to a baby tooth? Or the other way round?

It doesn't seem to be affecting her, she's been a bit grumpy lately but I'm pretty sure that's just general teething.

suburban - yes, good plan. No, I'm not in the UK but it won't be hard for me to get to a dentist. There are children's dentists where I am. The real problem is getting her to sit still - she just never stops. And it was a real battle getting a look in her mouth. Maybe the experts will have some techniques.

suburbandream Mon 19-Nov-12 13:39:34

DS2's teeth came through very crooked but eventually seemed to find the right place! I'd take her to the dentist TBH, it's good to get them used to it from early on, doesn't cost anything (I'm assuming you're in UK) and it doesn't take long. Sometimes they even give you free stuff and stickers grin

amazingmumof6 Mon 19-Nov-12 13:36:48

it happens with older children's adult teeth and dentists tell you not to worry, they can get corrected in early teen years

if it doesn't effect eating or speech I wouldn't worry much, these milk teeth will fall out, no reason why they should effect adult teeth!

RichardSimmonsTankTop Mon 19-Nov-12 12:13:14

17 month DD has what looks like an incisor coming through parallel to one of her top molars.

She has four teeth along the top front, then a gap, then a molar, and this tooth beside it.

Has anyone else seen this? I did some googling and couldn't find anything.

The obvious answer is to take her to the dentist, but I thought I'd check here first for any wisdom - she can't sit still for more than five seconds and a trip to the dentist will be a nightmare.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now