Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Molluscum Contagiosum - naturopath / homeopath in SW London? (Putney)

(48 Posts)
testbunny Sun 18-Nov-12 21:47:05

Hi there

My 4 year old DD has had MC now for c.3 months. It started out on her bottom, but now has spread to her back. Now today I've noticed one on her neck - I'm petrified it will spread to her face. I understand that doctors don't treat young children, and it just goes away eventually, but I really want to try and nip it in the bud before it spreads.

Can anyone recommend a naturopath or homeopath who treats MC, preferably in SW London?

Thanks so much

fledtoscotland Tue 27-Nov-12 22:50:17

Seeker - much of the info about MC is personal experiences but surely it's better to try options rather than leaving a problem alone with the hope it will just go away.

suburbophobe Tue 27-Nov-12 22:51:02

fledtoscotland, can you PM me too? I've never heard of
noncolloidal silver spray or how it could heal eczema
(a link would do), thanks so much.

fledtoscotland Tue 27-Nov-12 22:59:36

Surburb- Just about to copy the messege I've just sent to scarlet. Apologies for calling it noncolloidal - it's in fact colloidal silver.

fledtoscotland Tue 27-Nov-12 23:01:27

Suburb- re the eczema, it hasn't healed ds2s eczema as a whole rather just the patch under his armpit where the MC were. He still needs his creams and steroids for the rest of his body sad

mumchat Wed 28-Nov-12 20:01:26

My friend took her 7 year old to homeopath for this and her child went from having a couple of dozen mc spots ( that both my child & hers had had for 2-3 months) to being covered head to foot in 48 hours! Had I not seen it with my own eyes I would never have believed it.

thegreylady Wed 28-Nov-12 20:21:59

My dgs had this fom age 18months to 3 and a half.He had them mainly on his body but developed a couple near his eyes for which doc prescribed and antibiotic and some cream.They have completely gone now-just one scar from one on his back which got infected.

testbunny Wed 28-Nov-12 22:01:52

Oh, i am so confused now. Am using the honey (topically and orally). Thought it seemed to be working, but perhaps all in the mind.....thought the honey was good for warts so hoped it would help mc too.....

hellion Wed 28-Nov-12 22:09:17

The infected ones were really horrible. I think you feel powerless to do anything. People ask me what I am doing about them and don't believe there isnt a remedy. My ds is in year 5 and I am hoping he gets rid of them before secondary school.

seeker Wed 28-Nov-12 22:38:08

generally when they get infected and horrible it means they are on the way out.

The problem here is that when they are at their worst people are desperate and try anything, and because they were going anyway, they think that whatever they've tried has worked. They are horrible, but they go and they don't usually scar.

testbunny Thu 29-Nov-12 21:18:49

If they become infected does it mean they will all go or will they crop up somewhere else??

CoteDAzur Thu 29-Nov-12 21:32:22

Read this before you touch colloidal silver.

fledtoscotland Fri 30-Nov-12 00:33:23

Cote- most of that article is about ingestion and long term use over years. Two sprays of the stuff for a few weeks is different. Silver is used in many dressings because of its anti microbial properties and is perfectly safe. As far as I was aware no one has mentioned drinking it but using it as a short term topical application

seeker Fri 30-Nov-12 11:53:39

I am constantly amazed at people who are all suspicious of conventional medicine, but are prepared to use all sorts of completely unregulated untested potions from alternative practitioners. Usually saying something "oh, but they are safe because they are chemical free"

fledtoscotland Fri 30-Nov-12 12:41:18

Seeker- whose suspicious of "conventional" medicine and using untested potions?

babamummy Fri 30-Nov-12 13:01:20

Have PMed you OP

tougholdbird Sun 02-Dec-12 19:53:18

Late to this thread, but have you tried comfrey cream? My DD was cleared of her molluscum within weeks after I found recommendation on MN for this ( thank you goosberrybushes!)

seeker Mon 03-Dec-12 13:23:17

Tougholdbird- roughly how long had your child had the molluscum before you put the cream on?

tougholdbird Mon 03-Dec-12 18:39:02

About 2 months. She has atopic excema as well and I was getting worried it was spreading. The comfrey cream stopped it in its tracks, at least it has for now. Desperately hoping it stays gone.

For anyone who is battling this with their DC and those of you who posted on this thread late last year, I just wanted to let you know that my DS's molluscum have all gone!

He had a major flare up and a few got infected. He was anti biotics purely to clear up the infection. I honestly thought it couldn't get any worse and then he broke out all over in a hideous rash. This was apparently some sort of immune response and his system was finally doing something about getting rid of it. And they all just went, within a couple of weeks! I couldn't believe my eyes tbh. I'd not got round to buying any of the stuff mentioned on this thread so I know now that they will just go on their own in their own time.

It was just over a year in the end and they definitely got a lot worse right before they disappeared. He has a few scars left on his knees even though we didn't pick or squeeze, but it really doesn't look that bad.

goingmadinthecountry Tue 29-Jan-13 00:18:36

I must be very old. I always thought the MN cure was the Elizabeth Arden gel thing - 8 hour cream? Worked for mine and I only read about it on here.

liveoutloud Tue 29-Jan-13 21:12:43

I used garlic first and then tea tree oil. They disappeared in a few days. Just like that. Do not worry if they become red and looks really bad, apparently it is a good thing. What happens, this virus is somehow invisible to our body but if you do something with it, and it starts to look infected, your body notices it and starts fighting it.

hellion Sat 09-Feb-13 22:45:53

After 12 months they have finally gone. Unfortunately there has been no magic cure. They have just started disappearing. Good luck with all those still battling with these horrid little spots. They do eventually go.

lrussell Thu 07-Mar-13 16:10:41

My daughter had molluscum contagiosum for about 11 months. After 8 months of waiting for it to go away I tried apple cider vingar and jojoba oil. It took 3 months to have every last bump gone. The bigger ones left scares and when I was applying it on her she scream like it was killer her, which lasted about two mins. At the same time I was going through this with my daughter my sister in laws friend was going through it with her son. His was a lot worse them my daughters. He also got eczema with his. She tried the same thing I did and countless prescriptions from the doctors which didn't help him. She then came across this skin care product which was all nature and tried it. After 3 weeks he was almost 100% cleared up and his eczema was gone. Needless to say we are both selling it and I'm am trying to spread the word because no child should go through this. It's not expensive at all and it would be shipped straight to you. If you would like more information just email me at russell_tleanne@hotmail.com. Thank you for ou time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now