Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

movicol - how on earth do I know if clearout is complete??

(5 Posts)
HystericalParoxysm Fri 16-Nov-12 15:03:35

When clear out is in progress, you can usually see small dark bits of faeces in the stool. When it's complete, these stop appearing and the whole stool is uniform in colour and texture.
Jeez the things I write about on MN! grin

chocjunkie Fri 16-Nov-12 15:02:00

its crap, isnt it? Dd keeps soiling non stop. <sigh> is this still overflow or the usual stuff coming out like that because of too much movicol at this stage? :-(

Eachpeachpearwherestheplum Thu 15-Nov-12 22:14:37

Having just the same problem! I wish there was more support!! We were up to 10 a day, after 5 days we droppedd to 4,then 3, then 2 and now 1.....but we are back to soiling again....I am lost!

toofattorun Thu 15-Nov-12 14:14:57

I would lower the dose given that you've been giving it for a week now.

chocjunkie Thu 15-Nov-12 12:04:27

ok, dd (4) has chronic constipation and has berlen put on movicol. paed advised us to have a clearout and then move onto the maintainance dose.

Dd started movicol a week ago (up to 5 sachets a day). 6 long days nothing but things started moving last night. we had a biggish poo (but not that much considering Dd had no BM for a week), liads of runny poo and now Dd has evey our a very cery soft and small BM.

the problem is - how do i know she is cleared out now? do the freqzent, soft and small BM indicate that there is still stuff to come? not sure if I should lower the dose now ir keep up the clearance dose.

thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now