Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD, 7, has spots and greasy hair

(3 Posts)
Babbit Sun 11-Nov-12 20:54:15

In the last month or so DD has had spots. She currently has a whitehead on her chin. She has had spots on her nose too. She's also had greasy hair. I originally thought we weren't washing conditioner out properly but I washed it yesterday and made sure I rinsed properly. Today her hair looks greasy again. She has a healthy diet. Is this normal for her age?

MrsCantSayAnything Sun 11-Nov-12 22:24:51

Aw. Bless her. She may be heading toward puberty. It's very young but not unheard of. I would think about seeing the GP if it doesn't go soon.

other than that change to some shampoo for greasy hair and make sure she's not touching her face too much...that can also cause spots.

Does she have any signs of puberty? Any body odor or anything?

Babbit Mon 12-Nov-12 00:00:29

Thanks for your reply. No, no other signs at all. (Possibly some moodiness but nothing out of the ordinary). I guess I'll have to keep an eye on it and if it remains or gets worse take her to the GP. I really hope she isn't entering puberty already, she's so young.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now