Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Molluscum treatment

(28 Posts)
BooCanary Sun 04-Nov-12 22:57:45

Anyone got any success stories of different treatments?

We have tried silver spray and elderberry over the past few weeks, with no discernable improvement, and I'm really confused as to how to proceed. DS has 50+ spots now sad

mamalula Wed 07-Nov-12 14:17:37

I live in France and my GP put a load anaesthetic cream on each spot (about 50 of them) and then scraped them off. DS1 (3yrs) was pretty brave, I don't think it hurt that much just quite gory, lots of bleeding but it meant it was all over and none have come back. This happened in the spring and it meant that he could go swimming, in France they won't let you into a public pool if you have molluscum. And luckily it doesn't seem to have scarred even the big mothership ones!

SqueezyDiva Wed 07-Nov-12 15:06:00

No -we didn't have any scars afterwards either. Thank god that is over. Good luck OP. It will be over for you too one day, whichever method you use.

tougholdbird Sun 02-Dec-12 19:57:45

Comfrey cream worked for my DD

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now