Books I loved at school... Anyone remember what they were called?

(15 Posts)

They would have been when I was about 7 but I feel there were lots in the series.

Such patchy memories but they were about a boy and a magic cat, possibly a witches cat.
He may have been called Tim or Timothy. Boy or cat!

Vague I know. Anyone? I want to source them for my DD

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sat 08-Jun-13 20:24:58

What era was this? It rings a vague bell!

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sat 08-Jun-13 20:26:57

Was it Tim and The Hidden People that was a 1970s reading scheme with more than 30 books. Looks good too!

TheOriginalSteamingNit Sat 08-Jun-13 20:28:19

Yes, Tim and the hidden people: I loved it too!

Yes that's it! Great stuff Neo
Blimey they look rather scary for age 7, but clearly weren't as I loved them.

A brief eBay search leaves me aghast, £35 a copy??? Surely not.

And I am in London so I checked the Pan London Libraries and nothing coming up there either.

Now what?

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sat 08-Jun-13 21:38:25

I know the price is horrendous! Other copies are 55 pounds! Because they were a school series, it's likely that there aren't many around any more. The ones that were in print will have been battered by multiple kids!

TheOriginalSteamingNit Sat 08-Jun-13 21:40:44

They were so good, I remember being genuinely excited when I got a new one, and my parents actually being excited too when I brought one home! Beats biff chip and kipper into a cocked, captain Jory style hat!

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sat 08-Jun-13 21:44:07

Here is a link to a blog where it's discussed and the author of the blog claims to have a copy of a CD with ALL the books but he wont share because it was given to him by the authors nephew.

here

And here is a link that came up with the ISBN numbers

www.timandthehiddenpeople.moonfruit.com/

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sat 08-Jun-13 21:44:32

The second link seems to be a work in progress,,,,some sort of fan site.

But wouldn't the British library have this? Am I deluded?

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sat 08-Jun-13 23:29:39

Nero I am in love with you!

I am going to call them next week, I can go there on my home from work. I want to read them again!

Neo sorry auto correct

louisianablue2000 Sun 09-Jun-13 07:51:50

The wikipedia site says there was a reprint, Amazon seems to suggest it was 2004 though so also out of print, but at least the reprints will be cheaper secondhand.

WendyHayes Sat 22-Jun-13 15:41:51

Well! I can go back a lot further to a time when mobile phones and ebooks were unheard of, to a Classroom of five year old's listening so attentively to a brilliant Primary School Teacher, as she read 'The Tale of Peter Rabbit!' I remember being on the edge of my chair not wanting her to 'ever' stop reading aloud to us! I wonder sometimes if teachers ever fully realise the profound effect they have on our little lives at these times! I loved the stories then and I love them to this Day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now