What books does your 3 yo like?

(33 Posts)
mammmamia Sat 09-Feb-13 23:35:31

My twins are turning 3 soon and I'd like to supplement their book collection. They both love books and I feel they're growing out of the ones we have at home. What would you recommend for this age? They currently like Maisy, Topsy and Tim, any recommendations would be very welcome.

timtam23 Fri 22-Feb-13 23:51:43

The dog who could dig - Jonathan Long/Korky Paul
Snail & the whale - Julia Donaldson (I have to read this EVERY NIGHT!)
Meg & Mog (Meg's Eggs a big favourite)
Alfie, especially the one about new wellies & jumping in puddles!
Winnie the Witch - Korky Paul/Valerie Thomas
Six Dinner Sid - Inga Moore
Lots of the Charlie & Lola books
Sam Lloyd books - Super Sid/Whose Tail?
A couple of the less well known Dr Seuss books - Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb/The Foot Book

mammmamia Sun 24-Feb-13 22:33:05

Just noticed more posts on thread - thank you everyone!

Thewhingingdefective Mon 25-Feb-13 20:45:23

Hello Mammamia,

My twins are nearly three too. They like Usborne Farmyard Tales, Kipper, Wibbly Pig, My Cat Just Sleeps, The Tiger Who Came To Tea, Owl Babies, A Squash and A Squeeze, Peepo, Each Peach Pair Plum, and those very simplified Ladybird Touch and Feel Fairy Tales.

BendyBusBuggy Thu 28-Feb-13 22:15:20

Emily Brown and The Thing - Cressida Cowell

I love this book...my twins are 5 and I still read it to them. They must be so sick of it

mammmamia Sat 02-Mar-13 20:26:41

Thank you for the suggestions! Have created amazon wish list and my sister is going to get them a few for their birthday smile

BakeryBuddies Mon 04-Mar-13 20:08:45

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 08-Mar-13 20:44:29

Don't let the pigeon drive the bus is great isn't it, I quite like Mr Pusskins too.

Dd loved You fecking choose. I think if I have to read it one more time I will have to hunt down Nick Sherratt and give him a few choices.....

Jelly77 Tue 26-Mar-13 14:59:14

The Pip and Posy books by Axel Sheffler (Gruffalo illustrator) are a big fave with my 3yo...
He also adores the Little Red Train books by Ben Blathwayt
and just about all the picture books by Chris Wormell (especially *George and the Dragon*)
And the Alfie books by Shirley Hughes
and Pants and More Pants by Giles Andreae & Nick Sharratt... smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now