Book about female doctors

(12 Posts)
yellowsubmarine53 Tue 05-Feb-13 22:40:36

Miss Dose the Doctors' Daughter by Allan Ahlberg. It's part of the Happy Families series.

bookforgoddaughter Mon 04-Feb-13 13:43:30

Thank you for all your wonderful suggestions.

PartTimeModel Fri 01-Feb-13 23:07:44

My dd is 5 and her fav TV show (sorry not book) is called Doc Mcstuffins. The young girl 'Treats' all the sick/broken toys and her Mum is a grown up doctor. She loves it.

3monkeys Fri 01-Feb-13 21:12:03

Sorry, Zog!!

3monkeys Fri 01-Feb-13 21:11:37

Zig is great. I am a female (!) doctor and my Ds2 loves it smile

Nowhere Fri 01-Feb-13 21:06:12

Zog by Julia Donaldson. Lovely ending.

This is very amusing - A Day with the Animal Doctors.

The doctors are all animals, obviously, but also gendered. It is about a small tapir that goes on bring-your-child-to-work-day with his doctor mum. There are also male nurses depicted (an orangutang if I remember correctly).

juule Thu 31-Jan-13 13:29:02

There is a range of "Little Workmates" books that you might want to look at.

Here on Amazon.

bookforgoddaughter Thu 31-Jan-13 13:23:57

Wow! A speedy reply. Doctor Daisy looks great and may be just what I was looking for. Thank you so much.

Any other suggestions still gratefully received - I may be able to get a few years' presents out of a simple message!

Zhx3 Thu 31-Jan-13 13:11:20

I picked this up in a charity shop smile.

Grumpla Thu 31-Jan-13 13:09:37

Watching with interest as my lovely SIL is a doctor!

bookforgoddaughter Thu 31-Jan-13 13:08:48

Dear all,

I am looking for a book for my 3 year old god daughter. Her mum has mentioned that she has started to talk about doctors being men and nurses being women. I therefore wanted to find a book with a good positive role model. It can be a bit too advanced for her because her mum is happy to put books on shelf for a while.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now