Good books for 14 week old?

(56 Posts)

My DS is starting to show the first signs of interest in books? I have a few but I was wondering if anyone could recommend some for his age?

Bookwolf32 Tue 22-Jan-13 11:38:14

Little shocked that people are mocking someone for wanting to read to their baby. I read to my 9 week old DD everyday - like some posters say its really your voice their interested in, but mine does appear to be looking at the pictures as well sometimes and where's the harm?

yellowsubmarine53 Tue 22-Jan-13 12:28:33

Oh, yes 'Goodnight Moon' a must. Also, 'Peepo' by Alan and Janet Ahlberg.

Yes I do do nursery rhymes with him too. The sessions at the library sound a good idea Merrylegs.

MrsBungleBear Tue 22-Jan-13 12:47:53

I've read to both of mine since they were really little. From about 3 months I made it part of their bed time routine.

I just started with very short hard back books like the "That's not my" series. I really like That's not my baby with the mirror on the last page. I would hold their hand to help them touch the different textures.

Nothing wrong with interacting with your baby in this way!

The library session rhyme time etc are really good. Good fun for babies (my 3 yo still goes) and a good way to meet people too.

midastouch Tue 22-Jan-13 12:49:07

What about the, 'that's not my rabbit, that's not my train etc... by fiona watt there's loads to choose from. Never too young to read to my Los loved the touchy feely bits in them

Badvoc Tue 22-Jan-13 12:54:48

The that's not my books by usbourne are very good.
Most usbourne ones are tbh.
Also ones like dear zoo and peepo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now