Pen pal for a 9 year old girl

(5 Posts)
benbecca Tue 15-Jan-13 19:46:53

Hi Im not sure where I should be putting this, but this seemed as good a place as any.

My 9 year old daughter is looking for a pen pal (old fashioned kind where she can actually write letters). Can anyone suggest any good/safe places where she could look.

Thanks in advance
Trish

DoItToJulia Tue 15-Jan-13 20:11:29

Try school? I had a French pen pal at that age, it was great, it was arranged through the school.

What a lovely idea, I hope she finds one!

Vicky13 Mon 21-Jan-13 16:23:37

My daughter had a couple of penpals at that age through Aquila magazine. You have to subscribe and it's not that cheap (thanks grandparents!) but they do a penpal page every now and then with kids age approx 7-14.

zcos Wed 23-Jan-13 23:24:54

I had a pen friend that was the daughter of someone my mum communicated with in work she was in America ... how exciting! maybe through a relative or friend of friend you can find someone similar?

sailwindmill Sat 02-Feb-13 15:11:41

My daughter is 8 (and a half) and is growing up in Germany. I think it might be nice for her to have a penpal in Britain - have you already found someone or shall I ask her? She likes parties, reading, barn dancing, art and design and baking cakes. Big topics in her life are pros and cons of best friends vs groups of friends, why you can't just add 7+7+7+7+7 every time you need to know what 5 x 7 is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now