Poorly days before due day, anyone been there done that

(10 Posts)
Jenny123G Mon 11-Feb-13 10:30:24

So I'm due in 6 days, been in and out of latent stage of labour for two weeks now.
Adding to the fun I'm now poorly with a stinking cold and chesty cough, I don't want to go into active labour now as I don't think I could cope. Has anyone out there given birth whilst not 100%? How did you cope?
To rub extra salt to the wounds ds1 has a cold and fever and ds2 is starting with his cold today.
I'm sure it will pass before the big day but still worrying about it.

Greywacke Mon 11-Feb-13 11:21:04

Yes I had a horrid cold and chesty cough. Truthfully didn't really thin about it at all during active labour. I just generally felt sorry for myself.

I also had a long latent stage but baby didn't end up arriving until a week after due date. The chesty cough was not much fun afterwards, I had a lot of stitches and was convinced I was going to burst them. I didn't.

Were your other two early or late?

Just take it as easy as you can beforehand.

Jenny123G Mon 11-Feb-13 12:06:21

I can agree with you I'm definitely feeling very sorry for myself!
First one was 11 days od
Second was 2 days od
I was induced with my first and second was 7 hours from start to birth so his whole latent stage is really foreign to me x

Jenny123G Mon 11-Feb-13 12:06:47

Not his... This

NAR4 Mon 11-Feb-13 14:19:56

I am due in 3 days and have been having on off labour pains for weeks now and loosing my mucus plug. Like you I am completely full of cold and can't breath at all through my nose. I really hoping that this goes before baby arrives as I am concerned the baby will get it.

HeadFairy Mon 11-Feb-13 14:32:16

can't help you with advice I'm afraid, but I had a horrid chest infection when the docs were attempting an ECV on me and I can tell you that's utterly miserable. I couldn't breath the gas and air in fast enough, in fact I couldn't breath. Ended up having cs because of it.

I hope you feel better soon Jenny...

Jenny123G Tue 12-Feb-13 13:59:01

Headfairy oh no that's awful! Looks like I'm in a similar boat been the docs today and I have bronchitis! On meds so hopefully it will clear before little man decides to come x

temporary Tue 12-Feb-13 14:38:16

I had an absolutely dreadful cold before my twins. It was terrible, and made nervous about the birth but In reality I didn't notice during the labour.

Afterwards I remembered it all again when I had a baby in each arm and needed to blow my nose. Some lucky soul got to hold a tissue paper for me while I blew out about a gallon of snot.

Jasbro Tue 12-Feb-13 20:19:31

I am in same boat, have to be induced tomorrow (can't get out of it as I'm now 42+6) and my four-year old and now me have a terrible chesty cough and cold. I am really regretting not taking the induction last week but I was so hoping for a home birth and now it's not to be (unless I have an eleventh hour miracle tonight).
I'm hoping it's a bit like if you have a cold and you get really drunk and don't notice it anymore (until you wake up with the extra stinking hangover). NAR4 - hopefully the baby will be getting your antibodies while still inside you and if you breastfeed these will continue to pass some protection on.

NAR4 Wed 13-Feb-13 09:04:39

I hope so Jasbro. I hope you are now in labour and avoiding your induction, after such a long and patient wait for a natural arrival.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now