Painfull BH, very early stages of labour, or nothing

(8 Posts)
NAR4 Wed 23-Jan-13 16:00:19

Last night I woke up at 2.30 with an urgent need to do a number two. This was followed by intense labour like pains which were of varying intensity and length, for the next 3 hours, before all stopping.

At lunch time today the same thing happened, but it all stopped after about 1.5 hours. Had a very small show, but not much.

I have never gone into labour naturally. Is this the early start of labour or just my body practicing and no indication that I won't need to be induced again?

I'm 37 wks tomorrow and this is my 5th pregnancy.

Emsyboo Wed 23-Jan-13 16:51:20

I would call the midwife TBH I had this at 36 weeks with DS and all stopped when I went in but they kept me in as they thought there was a very good chance I could deliver.
Seems too intense for BH but could be as I have heard they get stronger with more pregnancies (could be an old wives tale I don't know)
The fact you felt the need to poo can also be a sign goodluck x x

NAR4 Wed 23-Jan-13 17:08:58

Had midwife appointment this morning and told her. She wasn't even vaguely interested and I asked if she could check my cervix just to see if anything was happening, but she refused.

Next appointment is in two weeks, so hoping I might have produced a baby before then. Hate the thought of having to wait until 42 weeks to be induced. Thats another 5 weeks.

NAR4 Thu 24-Jan-13 13:48:37

Now have a feeling of almost constant bed period pain in tummy and back. Really uncomfortable. Hope this doesn't go on for weeks. Never had this with any of my others. Is it normal at the end of pregnancy?

NAR4 Thu 24-Jan-13 14:07:54

bad period pain, not bed

Emsyboo Thu 24-Jan-13 14:53:43

I wish I could help but was induced too. Apart from having this at 36 weeks and they were convinced labour was imminent - enough to keep me in for 3 days. I am surprised at the midwifes reaction have you had any bleeding or the show as mine followed after bad period pains.
Hoping at least this will bump so someone more knowledgeable could offer advice. x x

NAR4 Thu 24-Jan-13 15:22:27

Had a small show during the day yesterday, but not much. Wonder if this is what happens before going into labour naturally.

Disappointed to hear you had this at 36 wks and still ended up being induced.

Think I will phone the Day Assesment Unit tomorrow if still having the pains, just to check all is alright.

NAR4 Fri 25-Jan-13 09:13:06

Just to update you quick.

Phoned Day Assesment Unit about the pains, this morning. The midwife was really lovely and reassurred me that it was quiet normal and may just be my body doing it by itself this time rather than waiting for induction. She did however warn that this can go on for quite some time and never gauarntees that I will build up to proper contractions.

She said if I have any loss down below (other than a show) or just want a check for reassurance, to go up any time.

If the pains continue until next week I think I might go up for a check and beg for a sweep to try and get things going properly, as my next midwife appointment isn't for 2 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now