help choosing a consultant obstetrician at Chelsea and Westminster please

(6 Posts)
Toolong2 Tue 01-Jan-13 22:18:15

Hi,

I don't really have any friends who have had babies so feel quite blind as to how I should go about choosing a hospital to give birth in. After four hours of googling it looks like I should choose a consultant first. We know that we would like to use a private ward and were thinking of Chelsea and Westminster (probably our preference due to location) or Queen Charlottes. I wonder if any of you would kindly comment on any personal experiences with the consultants below at C&W. Or perhpas you know somewhere online where people have reviewed their experiences with these consultants. I am 10 weeks and would like to register with one soon ready for the 12 week scan.

Thanks so much.

Grubby Ayida
Shane Duffy
Keith Duncan
Hazemm El-Reyfaey
Mark Johnson
Rossini Patel
Zoe penn
Amer Raza
Makrina savvidou
Guy Thorpe-beeston
Nick Wales
Vassou Terzidou

JanuaryMommy Wed 02-Jan-13 12:25:30

I’d go with anyone at Queen Charlotte’s (Mr McCarthy, DR Kumar….)….Bad experience first time round at Chelsea but was on NHS though but you do get same consultants!

fgr Wed 02-Jan-13 13:09:54

Hi there,
My main consultant only does deliveries at the Portland however my scans were performed by Guy Thorpe-Beeston on Harley Street. I had to have a couple of extra scans and he was lovely, very professional and reassuring. If I were to get pregnant again and if for whatever reason my old consultant was not available I would opt for him. A friend had 2 deliveries with him and she raved about him as well.

Toolong2 Wed 02-Jan-13 15:19:18

Thanks so much

tanteclaire Wed 02-Jan-13 15:24:19

there's a lot of info on older threads - really worth having a search. Keith Duncan is very good (will also perform your scans) also Roshni Patel. friends have also been very happy with Nick Wales and he was very pleasant when I met him a couple of times. I have had all my babies there and have been very happy with it.

Toolong2 Wed 02-Jan-13 17:11:14

Thanks claire

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now