confuddledDOTcom in labour at 29 weeks

(90 Posts)
confuddledDOTcom Tue 18-Dec-12 07:30:35

lying in delivery bored! so thought I'd post on MN. I've been getting contractions for a couple of weeks, proper ones they could feel but no fibronectin and cervix was fine. been none stop since, really. normally I become irregularly regular in the early evening, kept awake until about 4am when I fall asleep exhausted. Sunday I woke with them and again Monday. I had decided Monday evening it was time, went to loo and had a show.

positive FFN and 2cm dilated at hospital they started steroids and nif-thingy. transferred quickly (still local) and mw asked them to speed it up as I was starting again. mum said she was being left behind at 70! got here and I was 3cm 3/10. they have prepared the room for him but still talk about my next doses, they've written up a name band with Tuesday's date.

just wish something would happen now either way.

SantaFlashesHisBoobsALot Fri 21-Dec-12 18:56:18

Congratulations, Confuddled, love to you and new little one. x

EdgarAllanPond Fri 21-Dec-12 18:56:33

good luck confuddled

EdgarAllanPond Fri 21-Dec-12 18:58:00

congratulations smile

Mibby Fri 21-Dec-12 19:19:35

Congratulations smile

shieldbug Fri 21-Dec-12 19:54:59

Wow, Congratulations confuddled. Hope your little boy is doing well. Any names yet?

Pochemuchka Fri 21-Dec-12 22:52:25

Congratulations! smile

AitchTwoOhOneTwo Fri 21-Dec-12 22:53:41

BRILLIANT weight, well done that lad! congratulations, confuddleddotfamily.

Jacksmania Sat 22-Dec-12 02:56:19

How are both of you, confuddled? Sleeping right now, I hope smile

Startail Sat 22-Dec-12 03:16:18

Congratulations and hope mum and DS continue to do well.

HDee Sat 22-Dec-12 08:18:57

Congratulations on the birth of your baby. Great news that he didn't need ventilating.

I'm a little astounded that you would give yourself a VE though knowing that things were happening.

ChasedByBees Sat 22-Dec-12 09:16:17

Congratulations!

confuddledDOTcom Thu 27-Dec-12 00:47:07

Thank you everyone and sorry I haven't got back to this thread. I ran out of credit in hospital and then we've been either at the hospital or at my parents as they've been looking after the older children during all this, and of course Christmas.

Anyway, he's doing absolutely amazingly well! He was breathing for himself but on CPAP for a couple of days, they started weaning him after a day and by 2 days old he was breathing air. He had a day under the lights, but looking at his chart today it looks like it was a very low threshold, he is still at the same number but because there's a lower threshold early on it doesn't look like anything now. They started to feed him yesterday as he was getting stressed and trying to suck his thumb(!) he's only on a tiny amount as he's still getting IV fluids, he's very slow to digest it but he's more settled now.

HDee, I didn't do a VE. I could feel from the outside he was quite low down and used one finger to feel how low. I was on a trial for a drug that they think might help known preterm mums (I'm guessing placebo or it didn't work for me hmm) and can't normally put the capsule in the whole way, so I knew that one knuckle was quite far down.

confuddledDOTcom Thu 27-Dec-12 00:50:42

Oh and then my OH left some things in the car Christmas Eve (despite me telling him I wanted them) and when he went out in the morning the boot wasn't properly closed - our car doesn't lock if any door isn't closed properly - and my laptop and handbag were missing sad so that's kept me off line for a couple of days.

TanteRose Thu 27-Dec-12 00:50:55

wow, fantastic that he is doing so well smile

what's his name?

hope you are doing OK

Congratulations on your new arrival, hoping he goes from strength to strength as quickly as possible xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now