I am in labour, should I get my dh home?

(14 Posts)
mameulah Mon 26-Nov-12 10:07:05

I think the contractions are coming every twenty minutes or so, they seem to last about 30 seconds. My dh works 30 minutes away and the hospital is probably about 40 minutes away. I am 40 +12. Is it too soon to get him home?

Netguru Mon 26-Nov-12 10:09:59

I'd offer him the choice.

Think it may be a while though.

It could probably be a while. If you feel you want him there, go for it (I don't like having people around me in labour, but maybe I'm strange...) If contractions are that far apart, put your feet up and rest or try to sleep, you will need your strength for the labour. Oh and good luck, you must b excited that it's finally happening!

trikken Mon 26-Nov-12 10:18:00

Id get him home tbh. just in case things speed up all of a sudden.

AnAirOfHopeForSnow Mon 26-Nov-12 10:20:56

I would call him or do you have someone who can drive come sit with you and call dh if things develope?

NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Mon 26-Nov-12 10:23:14

I agree, call him, give him the choice. Do you have a plan for getting to the hospital if he isn't home intime?

mameulah Mon 26-Nov-12 11:23:20

He is on his way! Thanks everyone.

It all seems to be happening quite quickly after days of nothing!

Bearandcub Mon 26-Nov-12 11:26:30

Good luck

Oooh. Good luck. Do you know how far apart the contractions are now?

Flimflammery Mon 26-Nov-12 11:29:27

Ooh, good luck! Remember, every contraction is bringing your baby a little closer to meeting you on the outside smile

Dillydollydaydream Mon 26-Nov-12 11:30:09

Good luck.
It took 25mins to get hold of my dh on the phone when i was in labour and he works an hour away, by the time he got home ds2 was already here!
My contractions went from nothing to 7 mins apart then 4!

Theas18 Mon 26-Nov-12 11:32:21

Good luck!
With My 3rd DH got to work to be told he had to come all the way home again ! He was home by 11 and she was born (in hospital )at 12.15. A bit of a rush!
I hope your labour is a good as it can be , not too long, but I can't recommend short ones either!

Good luck!

noseynoonoo Thu 29-Nov-12 23:24:42

What happened - how did it go?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now