Never had Braxton Hicks...does this mean I am bound to go overdue/need inducing?

(16 Posts)
Ellie092 Mon 12-Nov-12 19:53:30

Your body goes through braxton hicks you just may not realise or feel them some people experience them some don't personally I did and they hurt like hell don't worry over not getting bh count yourself lucky!

Congratulations on your baby and all the best for the future smile xx

MyLastDuchess Sun 11-Nov-12 21:36:05

By the way I am now 39+1 with DC2 and have been getting BH for quite a few weeks now. They are definitely overrated, a few times they have kept me awake, so enjoy not having them smile. Best wishes for a smooth and healthy labour and birth.

Pochemuchka Sun 11-Nov-12 19:32:21

Another one who had no Braxton Hicks for either pregnancy. Both were early (15 and 14 days) spontaneous labours. DD was a long labour, DS was 3 1/2 hours from start to finish.
Am 32 weeks pg with DC3 and none yet, either.

ShipwreckedAndComatose Sun 11-Nov-12 18:49:51

I had loads for weeks with dd and was 4 days over. I Had none with ds and was 3.5 weeks early (totally natural labour 7lb baby)

Iceaddict Sun 11-Nov-12 18:42:14

Didn't have any with dc1 had loads with dc2. Don't stress about it

DangerMousey Sun 11-Nov-12 18:39:51

Ah that's reassuring :-)

Haylebop12 Sun 11-Nov-12 18:37:48

I never had any. Dd was born naturally at 37+5.

louschmoo Sun 11-Nov-12 18:34:23

I had loads with DS and went 14 days overdue and was induced. Hey ho smile

nextphase Sun 11-Nov-12 18:21:37

I never noticed any BH, and both boys arrived within a day of the EDD, spontaneous, fast, labours.
So I'd say don't worry about it. It has no baring on your labour.

MyLastDuchess Sun 11-Nov-12 18:18:50

I didn't have any with DC1. He came a week late but I went into labour naturally. I don't think it's related at all. My friend had horrendous BH and her baby was born around the due date.

Flossbert Sun 11-Nov-12 18:13:48

Oh, and I went one week past due date with DD1.

emsyj Sun 11-Nov-12 18:12:53

You may just be unaware of them - when I was expecting DD, the midwife asked if i had had any and I was about to say no when she said, 'oh i can feel you're having one now'. So maybe you are having them but can't feel them?

Flossbert Sun 11-Nov-12 18:12:41

I didn't have BH with DD1 and had normal, spontaneous labour.

Have had it now I am pregnant with DC2 and, sheesh, it really frickin hurts. Starting to wonder how much I have forgotten about labour.......

I had loads from 36 weeks onwards and went 10 days over, started naturally though smile

HSMM Sun 11-Nov-12 18:10:17

I didn't have any and DD was born 2 days early. I went into labour naturally.

DangerMousey Sun 11-Nov-12 18:05:50

I am 37+1 today. People keep asking me if I am having lots of Braxton Hicks contractions, but the thing is, I don't think I have ever had a single one.

I just don't recognise the tight-bump feeling that people describe.

Am suddenly a bit worried that this means my body is just not geared up for labour in some fundamental way? Or that at the very least I am destined to go 2 weeks over and need inducing??

Anyone else had no BHs during their pregnancy, and yet had a spontaneous labour?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now