weird places for waters to break?

(21 Posts)
cbeebiesatemybrain Mon 10-Dec-12 18:31:30

Mine went while the mw was examining me. She kept her fingers there to plug it while dh ran round putting pads down! grin

Crmmum Mon 10-Dec-12 17:16:02

My waters broke on my first trip to the birthing centre immediately after being told I wasn't in labour... That shut the stroppy midwife up, when I puddled all over her floor!

MikeLitoris Tue 13-Nov-12 21:31:31

Ds they were broke during labour. Amazing the sound they made. Like a tidal wave hitting the floor.

Dd1 they went while i was driving. I coughed heard a big pop. Didnt feel anything until i stood up. Had to leave ds in the car while l went to grab a towel.

Dd2 they went while i was in the birth pool. It felt like i was peeing in the pool. She was born a few minutes later.

SarahC1985 Tue 13-Nov-12 21:23:38

Wow, these are great stories! Getting me all excited now!

harrygracejessica Mon 12-Nov-12 22:19:58

First were popped in theatre, first set of twins gushed all over my bed at 5am - at 33 weeks. 2nd set of twins bloody gushed all over the bed again at 36 weeks. We couldn't decide to go to the MILs pub or go home and I decided I wanted a nap so I'm glad we didn't go to the pub lol

CailinDana Mon 12-Nov-12 13:49:43

Mine went when I was well into labour, mid contraction, kneeling by the birthing couch in the labour room. There was a really loud noise, like a gunshot, and the waters literally shot out splashing the entire floor, the poor midwife and the wall opposite. I had my back to the whole event so I was really shocked by the noise and turned around saying "what was that?" only to see DH in fits of laughter and the midwife looking slightly...soggy. I'm afraid I had an attack of the giggles too smile

SarahC1985 Sun 11-Nov-12 16:15:53

Cheekymeeky, how many weeks were u?

CheekyMeeky Sat 10-Nov-12 21:08:16

I was ..heading to the bus stop with my mum and saw the bus coming round the corner so gathered speed a bit, to catch it, then a pop !! and away they came !! I was mortified never even got to the bus stop! Dread to think what the people on the bus thought looking at me blush ...my leggings were soaked! Wrapped my coat around my legs and back home we went! grin

chubbychipmonk Sat 10-Nov-12 20:50:11

In a big huge gush. . .all over the sofa!!!

SarahC1985 Thu 08-Nov-12 09:48:13

Wow @ the gym story! i cant even remember what a gym looks like! @Gelo, Im sorry you had to go through that, how awful.

honeytea Thu 08-Nov-12 09:44:32

I'm so worried about my waters going, our car is in for repairs this week and we have a shiny brand new hire car with heated seats, I think I will take a plastic bag to sit on.

mayhew Thu 08-Nov-12 08:22:41

One of my clients rang and said they gone at the gym 8.30 am(full term, very fit). I said come straight in for a check. She insisted she had to go to work. I said not to risk it, 2nd baby. She said "But they're having a party for me today!" She came in at 10.00, baby at 12.00….could have been born in the office.

Jojoba1986 Thu 08-Nov-12 04:16:41

Mine went while I was helping to set up a weekly café at my church. They didn't go in one big gush but seemed to trickle every time I took a step! blush It did mean that I was surrounded by friends who kept me company until DH arrived from work to collect me. However, it also meant that basically everyone I knew knew in graphic detail exactly what had happened within an hour! Nothing quite like some exciting news & a church blabber-mouth! I felt so self concious sitting there basically peeing myself while my dear, close friend rushed around telling everyone who arrived at the café! Thankfully I was 8 days over with pfb so had popped my hospital bag in the car, just incase, which meant I had pads & clean trousers within easy reach!

Am now 10 weeks with DC2 & I know said friend has been commenting about my long illness recently but am determined not to confirm anything to her until after the scan! Let her have her gossip. I'll choose when I share my exciting news, thank you very much! wink I'll also be wearing maternity pads from about 36 weeks to make sure I can keep it a secret if it happens while I'm out this time... Unless I'm in mothercare. They can give me vouchers anytime they like!

Cadmum Thu 08-Nov-12 02:56:30

With dd2, mine went in the Canadian equivalent of Boots (London Drugs). I was shopping with my dad. He went into a dead panic when I told him why we needed to grab nappies and run. In retrospect it was a nice father daughter bonding moment but at the time I wanted to shoot him for telling virtually everyone in the shop.

gelo Thu 08-Nov-12 02:26:43

Quite a lot to go through in a day - I muddled along on auto pilot in the main.

gelo Thu 08-Nov-12 02:21:52

Fortunately it was the fore-waters, so a trickle rather than a gush. I crossed my legs & dashed to the loo & padded out with loo paper immediately after the service. Nobody really noticed, just assumed I was having a toddler emergency (I had an 18mnth old in tow), or very upset (which I was). It was my mother's funeral, and I had been trying hard to suppress the tears when the leak started the other end. I had a surreal conversation with my policewoman cousin about whether she'd ever actually had to deliver a baby in an emergency - I was having some contractions by this stage, she hadn't, so I got dh to take me to the local surgery where a midwife sent me straight to hospital. DD born a few hrs later.

MortimersRaven Thu 08-Nov-12 02:03:05

gelo shock what happened?

gelo Thu 08-Nov-12 02:01:10

mine broke at a crematorium

NatashaBee Thu 08-Nov-12 01:18:57

I'm just glad they didn't go at work... I was terrified they'd go in a meeting! Surprisingly it's never happened to anyone whilst in the office, although most people work till they have their baby here.

SarahC1985 Thu 08-Nov-12 01:00:48

With my first, my waters broke on the loo so it wasnt very exciting but at least it was clean!

SarahC1985 Thu 08-Nov-12 01:00:08

Was just wondering if anyone had any cool stories of weird places their waters have broken, I read a few interesting ones such as a womans going in mothercare and they gave her £250 vouchers! Anyone got any interesting stories?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now