Is this my waters or have I pissed myself?

(12 Posts)
DinosaursOnASpaceship Sat 13-Oct-12 18:45:28

I don't often lol but I did at the burst water bottle!

I needed to check between waters and wee the other day so stuck a ball of tissue up my fanjo and waited for the next trickle, then pulled the tissue out to see if it was still dry. It was. I had pee'd myself (luckily as I am only 24 weeks)

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Sat 13-Oct-12 18:38:28

ARF @ Queen! grin

It could be neither.

When I went into labour with DD I had clear stuff coming out. It wasnt mucus. It wasnt pee. And my waters didnt break until I was in the later stages (already needing to push).

Even the MW had a face like confused

Iamnotamindreader Fri 12-Oct-12 01:06:33

This is going to sound really gros but if you can get some of the fluid between your finger and thumb and open and close them to check for viscosity. Urine will be just like water and leave no trace other than wetness on your fingers. Your waters however do have a slightly increased viscosity and there should be a slight bridge momentarily between finger and thumb.

*Disclaimer this is not a medical opinion however just my own observations. Your bodily fluids viscosities could be entirely different.

queenofthepirates Thu 11-Oct-12 23:47:33

Ah reminds me of the time when 9 months pregnant, I felt a gush of water as I climbed into bed. Turned out I'd sat on my hot water bottle and burst it.

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Thu 11-Oct-12 23:42:39

Waters. <<nods knowingly>>
<<knows nothing>>
Good Luck! grin

tanteclaire Thu 11-Oct-12 21:42:59

Please be careful. MWs were also very unsure with me - although I did lose a bit more fluid the next day, when the consultant scanned me there were no waters left and I had to be induced (no contractions). Just keep an eye for rise in temperature etc. , feeling unwell, and on the baby's movements.

milli2512 Thu 11-Oct-12 20:10:39

Oh I wish ladies. I had no more fluid loss or contractions so have come to.conclusion it was wee blush. The mw didn't seem too concerned this morning. Reckon I'm in for the long haul..

Yep, that'll be your waters I reckon! Good luck! smile

katiecubs Thu 11-Oct-12 19:45:11

I had something like this. I had a midwife apt that morning and she was convinced i had wet myself (although it did not smell/feel like that and i had never done so before). Anyway i was right - contractions started just after i left the docs!

DizzyCow63 Tue 09-Oct-12 17:57:57

Sounds like waters to me! Good luck smile

milli2512 Tue 09-Oct-12 17:56:50

So, just went for a wee which was only a small amount but felt as if I had emptied bladder. Decided to get into comfy pj bottoms and as I lifted my leg to take jeans off I felt a bit of a gush. Did the old gusset sniff and doesn't smell like wee. Put a pad on and I've had a couple more trickles. Pale yellow and again don't think it smells like wee. I'm 39+2. Really not sure if this is waters or not. Bit of a mild backache, but otherwise feel ok. This is first baby and I'd say my pelvic floor is in fairly good condition! What do you reckon ladies?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now