Urgent advice needed - girlfriend in labour now!

(45 Posts)
shouldIbecrossaboutthis Wed 03-Oct-12 20:05:15

Hi everyone I'm posting and my girlfriends username. She went into labour at 7 o'clock this morning. We are having a homebirth and the midwife has been keeping regular checks on us. She is finding it most comfortable in the bath, either on these or lying down.
Contractions were five minutes apart but are now six minutes apart but seem to be lasting longer at one minute 30 seconds.
When she has a contraction she finds it best to squat up and down with the breathing.
She would like to know does anyone have any tips or advice to make it go faster?
Thanks in advance!

Dad to be, sat on the loo. grin

PollyIndia Sat 06-Oct-12 04:51:31

As, congratulations shouldibecrossabout this! Xx

WandaDoff Sat 06-Oct-12 05:00:32

Congratulations my love thanks.

Welcome to the world wee man xx

YoullLaughAboutItOneDay Sat 06-Oct-12 07:50:07

Congratulations. Welcome to the world BabyShouldIBe.

Rindercella Sat 06-Oct-12 07:54:12

Oh, congratulations!! thanks

Ilovecake1 Sat 06-Oct-12 08:14:46

Congratulations, that's brilliant news. Does he have a name yet?

Portofino Sat 06-Oct-12 08:17:25

Congratulations!

SeveredEdMcDunnough Sat 06-Oct-12 08:20:43

'and my waters are made of steel apparently' ?!! Oh well. Are you sure you're her boyfriend? smile

Well done.

ninja Sat 06-Oct-12 09:24:42

Congratulations - I too had waters of Steel 1st time round and second time popped a couple of minutes before she was born!

You did really well to have a long and not the easiest labour at home.

recall Sat 06-Oct-12 09:26:24

onlywantsone that is so lovely !

Shakey1500 Sat 06-Oct-12 09:32:29

Many congratulations! Ref 3rd degree tear,it's vital that she RESTS, keeps the area as clean as possible and has it checked regularly in case it becomes infected. Apologies for aby mistakes posting from phone

shouldIbecrossaboutthis Sat 06-Oct-12 13:41:38

Hey guys, it's me now, the female version! I just got home from hospital - woohoo.

Thank you so much for all the advice, obviously it was my waters that were steel like, not his! My tear was barely a third degree, 4mm made it so, how annoying! Oh well, it was quite strange having a spinal to get stitched up after a nearly 48 hour labour; part of me felt like a mug for gritting it out at home. But in all honesty, on reflection ow I'm really happy with how things have turned out and at the end of the day we're all in one piece!

Just working on Breasfeeding now, I think we're doing ok (8 dirty nappies in 30 hours), just worried his latch might be a little shallow. Off to have a google now.

Thanks so much again everyone, your advice was amazing, especially those of you that said turn off the bloody app wink.

ImpYCelyn Sat 06-Oct-12 14:01:57

Congratulations! thanks

Glad you're back at home. Best thing for both the tear and breastfeeding would be to stay in bed for the next few days - and really stay in bed. Shove everything under the bed and bring a chair in if people come to visit. I didn't do it with DS1 but did with DS2 and it made such a difference.

vamosbebe Sat 06-Oct-12 14:07:29

Congratulations and welcome baby boy thanks

make sure all visitors arrive with food smile

BigBroomstickBIWI Sat 06-Oct-12 14:09:22

<wells up>

How lovely. Congratulations! thanks

Yes. Don't even think about getting out of your pjs until at least 2 weeks.

Conflugenglugen Sat 06-Oct-12 14:17:23

thanks thanks thanks

Xenia Sat 06-Oct-12 15:02:06

Well done. My first was very long and a bit of a tear. Good luck with it all.

shouldIbecrossaboutthis Sat 06-Oct-12 15:11:06

Oh and he does have a name! At serious risk of outing myself here, but hey-ho can name change I guess. He is Arthur William. I cried (and I never cry!) for about 10 minutes this morning and the pure wonderfulness of him blush

Awwww. Congratulations. Lovely name and lovely lovely lovely last post seem to have some late-season hayfever here, sniff

Ilovecake1 Mon 08-Oct-12 19:02:56

Awwww what a perfect name....just lovely!! Hope you doing ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now