Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you need professional help, please see our mental health webguide

End of the line?

(2 Posts)
jennys79 Thu 05-Jul-12 21:35:16

Tygerlil,

Couldn't leave your post unanswered.

Having had depression myself in the past, I can understand where you are coming from. I remember feeling like I had hit rock bottom aswell, and that things couldnt get any better.

I've had a look at your last post to try to understand some of the history. I also struggled with getting help when I was suffering from anxiety and depression. As I was at the age where I "fell between" the adolescent psychiatric team and the adult team.

Now, I know nothing about the official route for getting psychiatric care...but I think that if you feel that bad, you should go along to A&E and explain how bad you feel. There MUST be a way that they can arrange care for you. Tell them exactly how you feel.

Have you anyone you can talk to in RL? If not, then please call The Samaritans 08457 90 90 90. They are open 24hrs. They may have some practical as well as emotional help to give you.

Things WILL get better for you, once you get the help that you clearly need. When you get better, you will look back at this time of your life and be proud of yourself that you managed to get through this bad patch. Life will improve.

Jenny

tygerlil Thu 05-Jul-12 21:06:16

Please forgive what I'm about to say as I realise it's a sensitive and emotive subject.
The bottom line is i simply don't want to live anymore. I have had major issues to contend with over the course of the past 6 months, I've tried to seek medical help to no avail and I can no longer cope with the pain I'm feeling.
This is not a spur of the moment decision.
I've now ran out of coping stratergies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now