employer does not care that im a carer

(3 Posts)
typoqueen Tue 24-Apr-12 20:20:56

not sure where i stand, i have worked part time for the same company same department and same hours for the past 8 years, now all of a sudden they want to change everything include days and times i chose this particular job as it fits in well with my daily routine of caring for dh and looking after our 5 year old dd, and the cover i have for when im at work...now they want me to work late afternoons and evenings, this is going to be impossible, i wont have any cover whilst at work, and its when dd is home from school and dh is usually like a zombie after taking 3rd lot of meds so is not capable of looking after himself let alone dd, and meals,bathing and putting dd to bed will be out of the question till i got home at 8.30pm...do i have any rights. this is not a small company it is a large well know supermarket, im worried that i will have to give up my job and to be honest its the only down time from caring that i get...any advice would be really appreciated

here

As a carer you have rights and your employer cannot ignore them.

kappadelta Sun 23-Mar-14 08:03:03

I hope that the place you work does not begin with an M? If it does it is a terrible place to work and DH has been abused terribly by his employers. His options were to fight them, find another job or take a step down and 40% pay cut. He chose the lattersad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now