Organising meds - look at this

(6 Posts)
gingeroots Wed 18-Apr-12 09:43:27
delusionsofadequacy Wed 18-Apr-12 23:38:03

Almost any chemist will do one for you (although some have specific criteria that they want you to full fill such as poor memory, dexterity or eyesight). You do have to get the GP to give seven day scripts though for most places (rather than monthly ones) and some meds can't go in because they need to be protected from light or damp. But all in all they do help some people very much

LadySybilDeChocolate Wed 18-Apr-12 23:42:52

My mother has medication in one of those, it's really useful as she can just open the blister and they are all in there. No bottles necessary.

starfishmummy Wed 18-Apr-12 23:45:01

Can I offer a word of caution here? If someone has professional carers going in, then make sure that they can give medications from these packs.

My (late) Dad was provided with his tabletspackaged like this when he was discharged from hospital and the carers (organised by social services) said that they could only give medication from its original labelled packets. Luckily my Dad was perfectly able to take charge of his own medication.

starfishmummy Wed 18-Apr-12 23:45:17

oops tablets packaged

gingeroots Thu 19-Apr-12 13:28:23

Blimey starfish - sounds like time for that care agency to review it's practices .

The dosset boxes are filled by the pharmacy and "authorised" by the GP ,so hardly in the same category as giving a tablet that some helpful relative has decanted into a saucer with a note .

I'm saying that as one such helpful relative who is is so tired and in so much pain herself that yes it's quite possible I could make a mistake and give the wrong tablet .

Really that's madness and needs changing .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now