Practical advice for friend whose wife attempted suicide?

(3 Posts)
UltimateNachos Fri 01-Oct-10 20:00:00

Hope I'm posting on the right thread...

My friends wife attempted suicide last week. It was a serious attempt - not just cry for help - and it was due to long term issues. She was very lucky and there is no long-term damage although clearly there are still emotional issues and it's been a huge shock.

What I'm looking for is ANY practical advice that I can pass on to support either my friend or her wife. I live on the other side of the country to them, but any suggestions of practical things that I can do to help would be great.

They are based in London are are lucky enough to have had some form of home visits from care team. But I have no idea what else I can suggest that they do for support.

My friend is being very pragmatic and practical.... I just wish I could help and I don't know how...

Any advice?

i don't think there is anything much you can do tbh. just be there for your friend if he wants someone to offload to...

i hope she gets the help she needs

UltimateNachos Fri 01-Oct-10 20:55:10

Thanks - I just wish there was something I could actually DO sad. It's horrible to feel so useless!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now