becoming a midwife.

(3 Posts)
allana Thu 15-Jul-10 10:15:17

Hello there.. im new to mumsnet so here goes. When i fell pregnant with my daughter in 2008 i decided then that i wanted to train to be a midwife, now my daughter has just had her first birthday im trying to decide when is the best time to do it... when she starts nursery at 3.. or when she starts school at 5.. the uni is 60miles away from me as i stay in the sticks im really not sure what to do any adivce?? if any one is training or is a midwife whats the work load like while training? thanks, sorry for long message!xx

2old2beamum Sat 25-Feb-12 12:27:22

I trained as a midwife (yonks ago) when my 3 DS's were 4, 6 & 7. When I did it I already was dual trained paediatrics t does tand adults so only had to do 1 year but it was bloody hard work. Personally I would leave it until your daughter was older as it does take over your life. Be warned I landed up adopting one of my deliveries.

Ispywith Mon 05-Mar-12 16:05:36

I am a midwife with two small kids. I would wait until they are in school. It is a full time course & you have work a full time shift pattern that don't accommodate child care issues! Lovely rewarding job but demanding especially on your family xxxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now