Front canopy for Vango Samara 600

(11 Posts)
christinarossetti Thu 29-May-14 21:02:27

Bought this tent new last year. Really like it and wanted to buy the front canopy extension.

Except that Vango don't make it anymore and say that there is nowhere that stocks it.

Really cheesed off. If I'd have known, I'd have just bought one when I got the tent. Looking on UKCampsite forums, it seems to be a common problem.

Does anyone know of another canopy that might be compatible?

TIA.

Memphisbelly Thu 29-May-14 21:10:29

I have just bought this tent last week, we have ordered the side canopy for it from Amazon, just under Vango large side canopy, apparently this is a one size fits all.

christinarossetti Thu 29-May-14 21:18:44

Thanks - it's the front canopy that I'm after. Vango do a universal side canopy, which I guess is what you mean.

It's a great tent - happy camping!

Memphisbelly Thu 29-May-14 21:36:39

Thank you, hmm maybe best to try the small companies to see if they have any lurking. Jrcamping is where we got ours, they have a website but its worth calling as they had loads more in store than they have online.

Nobloomingideapgornot Fri 30-May-14 21:04:23

Try ukcampsite forum..there is a guy on there Gary cross I think who has a shop and might be able to help.
We just sold out samara

christinarossetti Fri 30-May-14 21:14:53

Thanks - will do.

Robliterry Sun 24-Aug-14 18:28:59

Hi,

I have a Samara 600 front canopy which I no longer need. If you are still looking for one please let me know. It's only been used a handful of times. I would be looking for £90+postage which I would have to look into.

Let me know

darenbeaney Mon 25-Aug-14 18:14:45

Hi, I'm after a front canopy if you still have it? What colour is it?

Pawan Fri 29-Aug-14 09:27:34

I know this is a late reply, but there is a thread on uk campsite that answers this question:

www.ukcampsite.co.uk/chatter/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=32&TopicID=306488

Apparently the Tigris 600/800 side canopy will fit with extended guylines over the side porch.

We have the Samara 600 and front canopy, and it has been great. When camping this summer on a massive camp site, I thought that quite a few of the other canopies we saw on other tents (Hi-Gear, Coleman) looked pretty similar in size; but I guess it's all in the detail as to whether it fits or not.

WillandNatesmum Mon 01-Sep-14 00:42:22

Hi do you still have the Samara extension for sale? Is it a front extension? What condition is it and what colour? Many thanks.

WillandNatesmum Mon 01-Sep-14 00:51:02

Hi Memphisbelly,

How did you get on with the Vango universal side canopy on your Samara? Did it work?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now