Inflatable Tents opinions please

(11 Posts)
Plumsieinaonesie Fri 04-Apr-14 11:55:00

We are looking at getting another family tent and we are very confused in what to get. Have had a halfords family tent, and a gelert tunnel tent in the past.

DH is very keen on the inflatable tents,, but they are expensive.

We are a family of 6, kids aged 10-18mths.

Any info gratefully rec'd.

ViviPru Fri 04-Apr-14 15:26:47

Watching with interest. We're currently weighing up our options and can't decide between a canvas pyramid tent (see my other thread on De-Waard style tents) or an inflatable.

Our thinking is most of our camping trips are long weekends rather than a week or longer stays. So it would make sense to invest in ease of erection (oo-er). Really interested to hear others' views.

Flappingandflying Sat 05-Apr-14 12:18:38

They are very expensive. For that price, I'd get a second hand older folding camper which at least means you sleep off the floor. But then I can't decide whether to buy one of those or not.

MrsMot Sat 05-Apr-14 12:25:02

We have one. It's great. Very easy to put up, very strong in windy conditions. The fabric tends to be thicker as they're a premium product.

ViviPru Sat 05-Apr-14 17:16:37

Which model do you have, MrsMot?

MrsMot Sat 05-Apr-14 19:29:49

Vango Infinity 800 - there are 6 of us so we prefer lots of space

Lettucesnow Sat 05-Apr-14 19:39:13

I've got a Vango Air Way Kela Awning for my campervan. It is up in about 8 minutes! It's the pegging out that takes the time...as with any tent.

I know it was expensive but I needed it NOW! Not in 5 years time when the price comes down.

I'm loving the fact that I can put it up all by myself.

MrsMot Sun 06-Apr-14 13:28:53

Here's a picture of it, there's also a canopy you can add which is where we cook.

ViviPru Sun 06-Apr-14 15:48:24

Ooooooooooooo

MrsMot Sun 06-Apr-14 16:47:28

The pods are a really good size and there's loads of living space. I luffs it.

envy grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now