Not so Stealth Boast

(15 Posts)
NettleTea Mon 17-Jun-13 21:06:25

Today Im feeling bloody chuffed with myself.

Ive worked like a bugger to get our glampy campsite off the ground - 2 1/2 years fighting the neighbours in 2 planning applications (which I did all the paperwork for, despite previously having zero knowledge of planning), an appeal and a public hearing, designing, sourcing and supervising the build (again, no previous experience), all gods hours doing paperwork for Natural England funding (and I knew nothing about farms either before all this) and local/European grant applications, plus the actual running of the place - building, furnishing, fetching and carrying, up to my knees in brambles, rushed to hospital after a wasp sting/anaphyalctic problem, back and forwards juggling daughters appointments and school runs, undertaking my forest school leader course, and mountains and mountains of washing.......

But today it is worth it, because I was told by MIL that we were one of the SE areas top sites in the Independant here and 3 weeks ago we were in the top 10 Mirrors coolest campsites here

So this is a totally non stealth boast. Ive done pretty well all things considered. And now Im going for a cup of tea and a little hope that someone might come on our woodland weekend as I want to join in......

hz Mon 17-Jun-13 21:40:04

I am in awe. Truly. My dream is to run a brilliant campsite and you've just gone ahead and done it. Well done. Perhaps I can pick your brain one day? Big, big pat on the back and how fabulously rewarding to be recognised in the media - brilliant!

Don't know which one is yours on the lists though - which one is you?

hz Mon 17-Jun-13 22:08:26

Oh I've figured it out based on the woodland weekend thing. It looks completely brilliant. I'd be there is a shot if I could. Actually rather consumed with jealousy now.

Do you have any normal pitch spots at your site?

professorpoopsnagle Mon 17-Jun-13 22:11:27

Wow! I would so love to run a camp site, except I would want to be camping at the times when we would be busiest and that is probably not the best business plan. I shall fire up my kelly kettle in honour of your brew and raise my enamel mug to your continued success. And thanks for the link- will bookmark it.

hillbilly Mon 17-Jun-13 22:51:22

Just wanted to say a very well done to you! I'll be back to gush more in the morning......

NettleTea Mon 17-Jun-13 23:20:58

We don't have normal pitches yet, though we are working on a plan with some neighbours for the future.
I have stayed in one of the units with the kids when we had some late booking in guests, which was a good adventure, and invested in a little caravan (pics on profile) to enable us to get away out of season, and a useful second home for kids during check ins.

Blu Mon 17-Jun-13 23:21:13

EXCELLENT, NettleTea, well done - a big non-stealthy 'congratulations'.

V pleased for you.

We must come doen your way. smile

MinimalistMommi Tue 18-Jun-13 13:14:11

Sorry to be thick, which one are you exactly?

millimat Tue 18-Jun-13 13:17:01

Well done (smile) are you De ETCHYNGHAM?

NettleTea Tue 18-Jun-13 16:26:32

thats us....

weblette Tue 18-Jun-13 20:13:26

Looks lovely!

Quenelle Tue 18-Jun-13 21:58:37

Bloody well done. What an achievement. I hope the publicity creates lots of business for you.

chimchar Thu 20-Jun-13 13:23:40

Congratulations...well done on all your hard work paying off!

LifeofPo Thu 20-Jun-13 14:18:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NettleTea Thu 20-Jun-13 21:23:59

It all depends when it is Po - message me with a possible date and I will have a nose for you.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now