Virgin camper - dipping toe in . . . .

(6 Posts)
Mummybookworm Sun 16-Jun-13 17:10:23

I have never camped before as an adult. Am quite interested in getting a v basic pop up tent for dd and I to go to Jamie and Alex's Big Feastival in Aug. What do you reckon I will need? We would be there from the Friday until Sunday. I thought it would be a good exercise in testing whether we like it (camping). Any advice welcome. Thanks.

Ineedmorepatience Sun 16-Jun-13 18:11:58

I would say go for it. I often take my Dd's away on my own and love it.

I havent done a festival though, I dont think you would need a lot of kit because I presume you wouldnt cook at a food feastival grin

myBOYSareBONKERS Sun 16-Jun-13 18:43:53

Tent.
Sleeping mats - self inflate are easy to sort.
Sleeping bags.
Torches and batteries.
Loo roll
Wipes

Mummybookworm Sun 16-Jun-13 20:17:57

Thanks, that was my thought Ineed - would probably only take cereal and tea making stuff. We only live 20 mins away too, so I thought it would be an ideal first time. Thanks for the suggestions Myboys, I think I will be treating myself to a new camping notepad! flowers

Blu Sun 16-Jun-13 21:03:03

If by basic pop-up you mean one of those v small single skin festival tents like this I would avoid. They drip condensation on you in great pools. Get a tent with a fly sheet and an inner.

this would be better

and this would be much better

tiny and cheap

I have the bigger Decathlon pop-up and it is excellent.

NettleTea Mon 17-Jun-13 21:14:34

Nice recommendations from Blu there...
And only 20 mins away is perfect for a first time camp, you will have a great time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now