Anyone ever been to Noongallas in Cornwall?

(10 Posts)
hz Tue 11-Jun-13 13:26:08

Anyone been to this campsite on the Lizard? It claims to be walking distance to the beach but not sure how true it is. Any other info about it also very gratefully received!

ilovexmastime Tue 11-Jun-13 14:32:04

I just googled it and it says it is in West Penrith, not the Lizard.... and that it's not close to the beach.

Are you sure you've got the right campsite?

I stayed at Henry's on the Lizard and it was lovely.

hz Tue 11-Jun-13 14:48:35

Well, that's embarrassing you are right! It's not Noongallas which doesn't claim to be close to the beach at all, its Namparra.

Off to start new thread! Thanks ilovexmastime!

ilovexmastime Tue 11-Jun-13 20:49:10

HTH grin

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Tue 11-Jun-13 20:52:11

I've been to Namparra. Should I tell you about it here or await your new thread grin

hz Tue 11-Jun-13 21:35:27

Unexpected - That's just mean. Tell me, tell me.

Anyway new thread is sitting there all lonely and ignored.

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Tue 11-Jun-13 22:13:35

Sorry, didn't mean to be a tease - have updated t'other one smile

Pimpf Wed 12-Jun-13 22:59:00

Just in case anyone does want to know about noongallas, it's beautiful! Not a quick walk to the beach though!

Although the site is on a hill, it's terraced so the pitches are flat.

2 ladies loos and 1 ladies shower (not sure for the gents!) always clean, probably best camping shower I've used (though i do tend do go to pretty basic sites!), might have to queue at busy times though.

Lovely woods at the bottom of the hill worth the trek there and back

First time I went, hardly anyone there, beautiful weather. Second time was busier but dreadful weather, we had to leave early, not the fault of the campsite though.

Owners are fab, really friendly, and relaxed. They also have bands playing in the barn I. The summer. Would love to go again and recommend it.

hz Sat 15-Jun-13 21:17:25

Thanks Pimpf, I have actually decided to go to Noongallas now. Am going at peak school holiday time though so a little bit worried it might be busy, they don't seem to take bookings particularly - I was told to just come whenever. Wonder if anyone else has any experience of Noongallas?

Pimpf Sun 16-Jun-13 10:13:46

They are very relaxed,

If you can pitch up at the bottom of either field, you'll have the hedges for protection from any wind

It really is lovely there, wish I could go, it's such a long way for me though

Have fun

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now