can anyone recommend a good campsite in or around the Wye Valley/Forest of Dean area?

(8 Posts)
MedicinalPurposes Fri 01-Mar-13 17:44:53

I can't vouch for this particular campsite, but I can recommend Symonds Yat as a place to visit. There are plenty of things to do there, and it's a particularly gorgeous spot.

lirael Tue 19-Feb-13 20:24:41

Have found a site called Greenway Farm which looks good - have emailed to ask them about the van/folding camper set up. Thanks for suggestions!

georgedawes Mon 18-Feb-13 21:24:38

That's a shame. I've not camped but stayed in the log cabins there and had a great time.

lirael Mon 18-Feb-13 20:14:11

Bah - Christchurch and Bracelands won't let us pitch our campervan and folding camper on one pitch. I thought it might be a problem - it seems to be the rule in all the C&C and Caravan Club sites that units have to be 6 metres apart, because of fire risk. So it would mean paying for two pitches - possible, but I'd rather avoid it! Shame as they both look ideal, esp Christchurch.

lirael Sun 17-Feb-13 23:22:57

Whitemead looks great, but at that time of year they only do breaks starting on Mondays or Fridays, even for camping. Had looked at the forest campsites - will take another look.

georgedawes Sun 17-Feb-13 22:04:43

Google camping in the forest, they have 2 sites - can't link on phone

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 17-Feb-13 21:49:27

Whitemead has a great swimming pool and lots of activities that might suit them.

lirael Sat 16-Feb-13 20:39:18

We want to spend three nights camping in this area on our way to Pembrokeshire in the summer. We'll have DS1's best friend with us, so two 12 year olds, + our ten year old, who has special needs. We normally go for CLs or small sites, because it's easier with DS2, but thought we'd try something with more for the older boys to do, just for these three days. Can anyone recommend a site in this area, or nearby, which either puts on activities for young teens or where there are things to do nearby? It would be good if the two older ones could be fairly independent. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now