Les Valedes v Domaine des Mathevies

(6 Posts)
hillbilly Wed 27-Feb-13 23:02:59

Thanks happy feet - I booked last week. Good to know about the life jackets - my kids would definitely need them. We have requested pitch 60 which is along the side towards the pool about half way down. Very excited!

happyfeet666 Wed 27-Feb-13 16:56:09

We loved Valades, possibly the most peaceful and beautiful site we've been to!
The lake is lovely, with plenty of canoes you can use for free. Reception had life jackets you could borrow, which our then 6 year old used while in the lake. It has a nice small sandy beach area, but is 3m deep in the middle ! The lake and pool are next to each other at the bottom of the hill ~(it is a hilly site).
We were lucky enough to have a pitch with private shower facilities-think it was plot 77, just up the hill from the lake. There are some other pitches down towards the lake, but most of the others are quite a walk away, although if you're feeling lazy, you can drive down!
Would definalty go back, there is a lot to do in the area. Le Buge is lovely, with a great little water park-Parc Jacques, a nice market and a good hypermarket,

Quenelle Wed 13-Feb-13 14:07:26

If we could transfer Mathevies to Provence or Drome we would go there every year. They are lovely people.

Off to google Les Valedes now.

hillbilly Wed 13-Feb-13 13:16:53

Thank Q, yes I heard that the frites were expensive! I'm going to sleep on it. I have sent so many emails to the owners of Les Valedes that he must be so sick of me and probably won't even accept my booking grin

Quenelle Wed 13-Feb-13 13:04:40

I went to Mathevies last year. It's high up in the hills so I hope you have strong thighs for cycling grin

I haven't been to the other one but is there anything else I can tell you about Mathevies that would help you decide? For example, the frites are delicious but expensive and Natalie makes an awesome and very reasonably priced humous smile

hillbilly Wed 13-Feb-13 11:14:47

I'm getting in such a pickle and can't decide which I prefer. Our kids are 7 & 5. Valedes bigger, I love the look of the lake but how safe will that be. Mathevies smaller but no lake, but better cycling in the area I think.

Ahhhhhh!! Somebody help me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now