Camp Bestival 2013

(40 Posts)
Grockle Tue 12-Feb-13 19:51:16
farrowandballs Tue 30-Jul-13 23:10:08

jojonic we're going - I have kids your age - if I see you I will say hi!

Notmorelego Tue 30-Jul-13 18:33:33

Jojonic - we've done Nibley for a few years now and yes CB is pretty much that on a massively bigger scale. Last year was our first at CB and we had a fab time. Very child friendly and laid back atmosphere.

Btw - wasn't Nibley great this year? So nice to have a hot, sunny day for it too!

jojonic Tue 30-Jul-13 10:13:56

We're going. Was a last minute decision but we've already bought a campervan, got a wagon, fairlights, flag pole and only doing two very low key festivals (north nibley and upton) seemed a bit of a waste!

Its just me and the two kids, 7 and 3. We had a blast at nibley (which is also very kid focussed) so I'm hoping CB will be a scaled up version of the same. And also praying that it doesnt rain too much!!

DD is so excited to see Mr Tumble and DS is totally into crafts at the moment, so I'm hoping theres a decent craft tent for him to spend his time in.

So excited! Will be all alone so if anyone sees overweight mummy with pink hair and two kids lounging in a green wagon come and say hi!

tashandbea Mon 01-Jul-13 19:49:46

We have tickets and can no longer make it. So if anyone is interested in 2x adult tickets and 2x under 10 tickets for Thursday entry and 1x car park pass get in touch! Cost £416 all in. Will accept £340.

What sort of age is Bestival suitable for? Roughly obviously as all kids are different. DS1 is 3 & I don't know if he'd get much out of it.

carriedawayannie Fri 03-May-13 09:57:41

I've decided not to go. The total cost will be too expensive.

I have to try and sell my ticket now through the ticket trust so I hope the tickets do all set out on ticketline!

Curiously Fri 03-May-13 09:47:49

Hello

Sounds like the total price of Camp Bestival could pay for an all inclusive holiday in the sunshine in Europe!

Any tips on why it might be worth going to Bestival instead?

Option three as ever is stay at home and try some family friendly days out like Kew and local parks.

We're going! Went last year for the first time and loved it. Hoping we get nice weather again!

HilaryM Mon 22-Apr-13 23:07:09

Bouncing/ marking my place.

So excited. Having bought the tent last year, this year we have funds for some fun stuff: maybe a trolley, some fairy lights, a flagpole....

We might go. Not something we book until the last minute though. Seem to have tickets left. If not, we'll do something else.

chipmonkey Mon 11-Mar-13 23:30:21

KPT083, I think the Beautiful Days festival seems to accept trailer tents, caravans etc.

Aw, we're not going this year, after going two years in a row. sad I'm not toooo sad, really - think it would have been a bit samey tbh. My mate's trying to save, and I have a dodgy shoulder that's not conducive to hauling camping kit around, so not much choice, really. But I shall live vicariously through others, and offer advice. grin

KPT083 Sun 10-Mar-13 22:34:33

This sound brilliant but sadly no caravans :-(
Does anyone know of anything similar that accepts sheds on wheels? ;-)

SignoraStronza Sun 10-Mar-13 20:25:44

Not really my kind of festival but my mum has offered to wangle me in on the WI tea tent duties.wink Really wanted to see PJ Harvey one year but didn't quite make it. Would love to see the Levellers though.

blondefriend Sun 10-Mar-13 20:13:18

Bump

CarriedAwayAnnie Fri 22-Feb-13 11:59:49

shock @ £20 for a tail!!

I'm off to goggle tails now grin

Grockle Thu 21-Feb-13 22:14:43

Yes, buy all those things before you get there. Also, a tail confused - there was a place selling tails & DS has never forgiven me for not allowing him to buy one (they were upwards of £20 each)

I loved it being me & DS (and my sister but she went off & did more grown up things without us).

CarriedAwayAnnie Thu 21-Feb-13 21:47:20

Thanks Grockle.

I'm planning to take breakfast and lunches so I only have to buy the main meal.

I know dd1 is going to go batshit crazy over the rides and at £2 a pop I'm a bit worried about the extra spend there. But as it's a special weekend away, just me and her, I don't want to keep having to say no like usual

I am planning to raid the shops before we go for:

Bubble wands
fairy wings
floral things to wear on the head confused

Aranea Thu 21-Feb-13 21:47:13

We're going and are all v excited about it. DH is particularly excited about Billy Bragg I think.

Grockle Thu 21-Feb-13 21:41:40

Yay!

Pixie, I haven't taken a tiny one to CB but I would!

Thanks guys, we just got our ppi refund so looks like we might be going this year grin v excited!

UsedToBeAPixie Thu 21-Feb-13 07:56:55

Has anyone taken a tiny one? DS will be almost 1yo when Camp Bestival is on and it looks really good, but we're wondering whether we should ease ourselves in and go to a smaller one to start off with!

Grockle Thu 21-Feb-13 07:44:25

1 adult & 1 child... We shared a lot of meals because they were so big. You can spend as much or as little as you want.

CarriedAwayAnnie Wed 20-Feb-13 21:30:12

Was that £200 for 2 adults and one child Grockle?

Grockle Wed 20-Feb-13 21:12:51

SocialButterfly, we took a lot of money (about £200) to cover food, drinks & stuff. We took our own drinks and didn't go mad & came home with quite a bit left over. You can spend as much or as little as you like. We went knowing we'd buy food so planned on it being expensive. Everything other than the Helter Skelter is included. I think. There were also lots of stalls selling stuff - DS *needed8 a bubble wand which was about £6 shock

If you can take your own glowsticks, bubbles, face paints etc then you'll have less of a campaign for wasting money on crap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now