Advice on Eurocamping abroad

(3 Posts)
Iamalmost40 Fri 11-Jan-13 18:35:37

I didn't spot this earlier but it's something I have been looking into. We've flown to Milan and then got the train to lake Garda and also flown to nice and got the bus to Antibes. The easiest though of all are the sites on the Venetian coast, I've never done it but sounds really simple.

I remember looking at some in the Netherlands and they seemed to all have covered pools - might be useful if the weather's crap.

I always assume the weather's similar (and as predictable) to East Anglia but I'm sure you could google it.

We've only ever driven / sailed to Normandy but flying sounds like a very sensible idea.

giesabosie Thu 03-Jan-13 21:20:43

Hello. I'm after some advice on picking a camp site in Europe and some travel stories from people who have flown rather than taken a car. I'm a very long way north, with a very small car and on my own so the thought of spending days and days driving with my two (4 and 7) moaning in the back doesn't appeal.

Ideally I'd like to travel light (can only carry so much) and need somewhere I can get to easily after we've landed. I'd like some warmth and good local wine but the kids only really need a swimming pool to be happy.

I really like Italy but it's quite dear so am considering the Netherlands as the flights are so much cheaper (can get to Amsterdam from Edinburgh for £250 for all of us!). How cold will it be at the beginning of July?

Thoughts, wisdom, stories much appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now