Camping in the Black Forest

(6 Posts)
andubelievedthat Sat 16-Feb-13 20:29:23

yes, go! its wonderful !

marmiteandhoney Wed 13-Feb-13 22:16:59

Oh, that looks rather lovely!

thonah Tue 12-Feb-13 12:38:53

We went about 5 years ago and it was lovely. At the time (not sure if still the case) there was free travel for tourists on trains and buses in the Black Forest. We stayed at Camping Munstertal, near Staufen www.camping-muenstertal.de/en/camping.html?start=1. It has the smartest ablution block I have ever seen on a campsite - the phots on the website are real!! It has indoor and outdoor pool, but no slides. It also has a restaurant and is next to the station (only small tram trains every half hour in the day so NO noise). We had a tent at the time and I was very noise sensitive. Before going to this site we spent 1 night at another campsite in Staufen, which was so close to the main road I spent the whole night thinking a car was going to land on our tent!

millimat Mon 11-Feb-13 20:20:09

I too am looking for sites in the Black Forest as I have wonderful memories of holidays there when I was little. I think I've been spoiled by some French sites as my wishlist is:
not overcrowded pitches
good swimming pool with slides to entertain children
indoor pool of weather isn't too great
good childrens playground
lake or river for beach (!!!!!)
snack bar or restaurant on site.

Not sure there's that sort of site in the area I want though! Hep please!

ebersneezer Tue 01-Jan-13 20:06:58

We really enjoyed the Black Forest, there were lots of things to do and see, it was also very child friendly. I can't help with sites as we rented.

marmiteandhoney Sun 30-Dec-12 21:59:55

Just doing some post-Xmas camping-trip daydreaming, and got to thinking how I'd rather like to visit the Black Forest. Castles! Cuckoo clocks! Lots of trees! Villages looking like something out of a disney cartoon!

Anyone been?
Any recommendations?
Anyone know where I should start looking?

We've got a folding caravan thing, which is titchy, and 'we' = me, dh, and (what will be) five children aged between six months and ten years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now