Camping Xmas presents

(10 Posts)
troutsprout Sat 27-Oct-12 17:11:17

Humour me... I'm laid up after a back op....I am very bored.
What is Santa bringing you?and/or what are you going to get for someone else?
I got Dh a fire starter kit last year
Might get ds one of those survival sets in tins
I think dd might like her own lantern.
Ideas please.

Mum2Fergus Sat 27-Oct-12 22:47:59

Biggest success for me this year was a headtorch!

troutsprout Mon 29-Oct-12 14:14:56

Good one... Might get Dh a new one as our old one broke .
I think ds (15) might like this

Blu Fri 02-Nov-12 14:13:00

If you have a camp fire look at pie irons, campfire grills, grandpa's toasting forks and other campfire paraphanalia. A fire steel will keep an older child / young teen occupied for ages trying to light a fire.

I would like a pie iron, but can't decide which sort to get. And no one is offering to buy me one, anyway.

And just in time for Christmas, CoolboxesUK are offering a free post and packing discount until Jan 1st!

WitchesWreakinHavoc Fri 02-Nov-12 14:16:53

A shower friend!

(if you havnt already got one) They keep the button pressed in on campsite/swimming showers so you dont have to keep pressing the button smile

troutsprout Fri 02-Nov-12 16:00:32

Ooh more replies smile
I just looked at pie iron website Blu... Lovely things.
I have never heard of a shower friend... What a good idea ! ...(although camping showers supposed to be rubbish surely... Otherwise it's not real camping) wink

Blu Fri 02-Nov-12 17:24:45

I want one of these having seen it on a thread complaining (rightly) about hideous bucket sized free gift SportsDirect mugs.

I like the folding handle and light weight, and the fact that it can go on the stove, and is made of titanium. Cooool!

ChippyMinton Fri 02-Nov-12 17:29:05

travel towel
flint and steel
silk bag liner
thermarest compressible pillow
wide-based insulated mug with lid

Blu Fri 02-Nov-12 17:44:09

What ab out a remote control lantern?

Are these useful at all? (except at festivals)

troutsprout Thu 08-Nov-12 11:51:05

Ooh yes... I like the functional look of that cup Blu ... (Plus it comes it its own lickle bag )
Thermorest pillow ... I think I need one of those. I am tired of using all sorts of things folded over for a pillow
Never tried rc lantern... Tend to use a few little lanterns rather than one big one .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now