Dreadfully upset and just lost the plot at a boy having a go at my son

(28 Posts)
ujjayi Fri 23-Nov-12 16:09:25

I hate myself for this but I'm afraid that after 3 years of my boy taking crap from his peers, I have just behaved in a very un-like me manner and had a go at a kid whom I caught in the act.

For some reason, DS (year 8) is one of those kids who just gets identified as the boy whom others can tease, bully and ridicule. I just picked DS up (he walks part of the way home) to find another boy rounding on him and basically ridiculing him. I spotted him doing it two days ago too and DS wouldn't let me say anything. Today I let my emotions get the better of me and marched straight over to this boy and demanded to know what the hell he was doing. I didn't raise my voice but my tone was cold and aggressive. He claimed they were having a conversation, DS - flushed and anxious - agreed and then tells me in the car that he was being made to feel uncomfortable but wouldn't give me the exact details. I left it saying to the boy "just make sure you keep away from him".

I am angry at myself and quite ashamed. I just don't know what to do to protect him. He is in Year 8 and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

Feel free to tell me I was out of order. I quite possibly agree wholeheartedly. I don't know what to expect really from the post. I just don't know how to help him anymore.

Bless your poor boy for having to put up with this shit sad

I think you were quite restrained. I would be talking to the school again about your concerns about this kid on the walk home and the nasty little shit who instigated further bullying who was at the old school.

Totally nothing to beat yourself up about.

lamoseley Tue 11-Dec-12 18:57:05

I have just read all of this...I completely agree with what everybody has said so I have nothing to add...apart from I was applauding you from my chair!

Well done you! Good luck and best wishes xx

Kenlee Sat 02-Mar-13 23:13:57

Well done....

As a coping measure may I suggest that you first address your childs self confidence . Make him underdstand that we are all different and what makes him is what makes him special.

Second I would enroll him into Martial arts class. Not so he can fight but rather to build his pain threshold higher so he can stand be hit and not cower.

If your child is smart teach him to outwit the bullies using one liners to put them down. If they hit him do not cower but hit back ..do not back down no matter how painful it gets.

Bullies have really low esteem and can be easily out talked. They also have very low pain thresholds.

hope this help...

Im just a ching chong chinaman. That a bully tried to bully at school. He was a fat dirty white kid with hygiene issues.

He was upset that his name calling was ineffectual and started the fight. One palm to the nose as he ran in broke his nose fight ended. Low pain threshold. Note bullies also run in so aim at the nose as they do. If the stand and fight get close enough in and aim for the nose straight punch dont flail your arms like they will.

please let your child read this...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now