Note: This topic is for discussing breastpumps. If you want to buy or sell breastpumps, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Breast bumps and baby monitors

(28 Posts)
Lakey Wed 25-Jul-01 08:35:28

Please could all you experienced Mum's give me advice on which Breast pump and which baby monitor you would advise me to buy!

Thanks

Jj Mon 20-Aug-01 21:31:52

I live in Islington near the Angel. My to-do list includes getting in touch with the local NCT. Is it too late for me to do that? The baby is due in just under 6 weeks and I didn't attend antenatal classes. Are most of the people involved new parents or do a fair number have more than one child? I have a 3 1/2 year old son and am getting nervous about handling two at once and all of the new issues involved.
Thanks!

Chairmum Mon 20-Aug-01 22:17:22

Jj, *everyone* is welcome at NCT! It doesn't matter whether it's your first or tenth baby. I joined NCT when expecting my fourth baby. By no means does everyone attend their classes - lots of people join purely for the social side. If you don't have your local number call NCT on their enquiry line, which is 0870 444 8707

Alih Tue 21-Aug-01 13:26:54

Jj - Chairmum is right. Lots of people think that NCT is 'cliquey' (spelling not sure!). Not true in my experience. I did classes 23 mths ago, and my group (well 6 out of 8) have met up every Friday since babies were born. It has been my lifeline, so socially it has been great for me. You can also do as much or as little as you like within the local branch.

I'm not sure exactly where Islington is (other than London of course), but there are pump agents in Bow, Wood Green, Winchmore Hill and many more. If you need them, call Ameda on 01823 336362, for the local number. Hope this helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now