Webchat with Tristram Hunt, Labour education shadow, MONDAY 27 April at 12 midday ×

Nipple Cream! Which one?

(20 Posts)
moomin35 Thu 01-May-14 14:07:45

I am planning on breastfeeding and have read that nipple cream will be my best friend?! I keep reading about Lanisoh but this is about £7 so if I buy it I want to be sure its worth the money (sorry i sound tight!!). Are all nipple creams as good as the next or there any that are better and what price should i be looking at? Also, are they ever available on prescription? Thank you :-)

mrsagarlick Thu 01-May-14 14:21:30

Lansinoh is well worth the money! Apparently once you are done needing it for your nipples it can be used for other things like dry lips I think

ExBrightonBell Thu 01-May-14 14:21:50

Lansinoh is definitely the best, and it lasts for ages - you only need a little each time. I used 1 tube the whole time I was bfeeding (16 months) so it was certainly value for money.

jkklpu Thu 01-May-14 14:22:33

Definitely Lansinoh - you may well need only 1 tube as it goes a very long way.

mrsagarlick Thu 01-May-14 14:23:30

And as a nappy cream!

ASmidgeofMidge Thu 01-May-14 14:54:52

Definitely Lansinoh

YussMinister Thu 01-May-14 15:16:34

You might not need it. I did but I still didn't finish a tube, breastfed for over a year! Only needed Lansinoh for a few weeks at the beginning though. I bought it at Superdrug half price so worth looking around for offers?

PenguinsLoveFishFingers Thu 01-May-14 15:20:31

I found Lanisoh the best. That said, I only used a teeny amount for actual bfing (had tried an Avent one before that).

It was very good on hard skin on your feet afterwards though...

whereisthewitch Thu 01-May-14 15:26:07

Lansinoh definitely, I'm in Northern Ireland and get it free on prescription though I don't know what other areas do this. Worth asking your pharmacist (if you're in the UK) if they will prescribe it for free.

NickyEds Thu 01-May-14 16:22:40

Definitely Lansinoh, I tried some cheaper ones but they were just like moisturiser and a waste of time- Lansinoh is thick- a bit like vaseline and you don't have to wipe it off to feed as it's safe to feed through.

MrsGiraffe12 Thu 01-May-14 16:56:14

Is it worth buying some Lanisnoh and putting it in my labour bag?? Just to be ready from that first breastfeed x

PenguinsLoveFishFingers Thu 01-May-14 16:57:47

MrsGiraffe - Not particularly. There's no real indication that you can use it preventatively, and you may not need it. As long as you don't live miles from the nearest decent chemist, your partner/family/friend can always pop out for some if you want it.

whereisthewitch Thu 01-May-14 17:04:28

Tbh I would Mrs Giraffe DD fed all night the second night we were in hospital and tore my poor nips to shreds, luckily the hospital had some samples so they gave me some and it really soothed me.

Up to you of course but I'd rather be looking at it than looking for it!

zoobaby Fri 02-May-14 03:56:34

Lansinoh. Definitely. You will not be sorry. It's miracle stuff.

ASmidgeofMidge Sat 03-May-14 09:30:44

Ooh, good idea about using on dry skin on feet: I'm still bf-ing but not really needing the Lansinoh now, but have horrible dry heel skin ...

ImAThrillseekerBunny Sat 03-May-14 09:35:58

Given the fact that you'll only ever use one tube, £7 is a bargain. What's the point of spending half the price on something that doesn't actually work? Rather than an extra three quid on something that does.

Smartiepants79 Sat 03-May-14 09:36:58

Lansinoh. Worth every penny.

Chaby Sat 03-May-14 09:45:04

Yes to lansinoh!!

DancingtheTittyTango Mon 05-May-14 06:44:14

Lansinoh!! It's amazing stuff!

dimdommilpot Tue 06-May-14 20:46:05

Another for lansinoh, get it on prescription.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now