Biting - I've forgotten what to do

(6 Posts)
BrainGoneAwol Wed 13-Feb-13 11:35:23

If you can be calm enough to do it, pressing them in to your breast makes them let go. - obviously don't make it so he can't breathe!

woopsidaisy Tue 12-Feb-13 22:15:34

Well, I shriek like a banshee! Then remind him of NO BITING rule...he is starting to get it. Wee monkey.

Ahh, poor thing sad

You could try giving him a teether when he does it so he knows the breast is not for biting, haven't tried this method but have heard it.

Good luck!

belindarose Mon 11-Feb-13 19:23:05

Thanks. I don't remember what I did with DD, but was always battling with thrush so biting seemed like nothing.

This evening he bit each time I put him to the breast - one side, he refused the other outright. He then got furious and screamed on and off for an hour, before asking for another feed and feeding beautifully before falling asleep.

I think his teeth really hurt today. He's had ibuprofen so hopefully will help him a bit.

My 7 mo DS bites when he's teething too it lasts for about a week with us. I used to shout in pain (couldn't help it) but he just laughed! So started just taking him off and saying 'don't do that it hurts' as calmly as I could and eventually he stopped.

belindarose Mon 11-Feb-13 15:08:56

7 month old DS has 7 teeth. With the last two that have appeared in the last couple of days, he's been biting at every feed. Ow! Makes me nervous to feed!

What can I do with such a young baby? Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now