Who knows about the law and companies promoting FF in newborns in the UK please?

(30 Posts)

ASDA promoting closer to nature starter kit as a giveaway

Doesn't sit 'right' with me

What do you think?

Whydobabiescry Fri 08-Feb-13 13:56:09

Nannyl you are so right, I like you can't see why this is an issue at all.

nickelbabe Sat 09-Feb-13 10:51:51

because they don't have anything that might suggest expressing.

no breast pumps, no ebm storage milk.

I interpreted it that way, so why shouldn't i assume that's how it's meant?

nickelbabe Sat 09-Feb-13 10:52:15

items not milk.

nickelbabe Sat 09-Feb-13 10:54:13

yus, the way mothercare lays out their stuff is hmm too.
the expressing stuff is nowhere near the bottles stuff (which just happens to be right next to the formula)

the expressing stuff is over with the bras and breast pads, like it's a completely different thing.
and in my branch, it's right over the other side of the shop, with no visible links or signage.

nannyl Sat 09-Feb-13 11:00:32

but you dont need a pump or specific breast milk storage.

most people have pots / jars... they dont need to be labeled as breast milk storage to store BM in....

A Mum could hand express in to pyrex bowl, and then use the bottles....

feeding breast milk doesnt need special equipment if you do it direct, and you also dont need to by other equipment to express and store milk either.... hence why waste money buying it..... unless you want to convenience of it... which many people do, yes, but isnt necessary at all.... hence they are sold separately to those who would like them as well

And lets face it.... that kits is NOT adequate for formula feeders either... after all formula feeders MUST sterilise (unlike people who use bottles for breast milk)....

You could use that whole kit to feed breast milk to a newborn, but not to feed formula to a newborn.....

hence its called a starter set implying you add the extra bits you need to suit yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now