ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Giving formula when out and about

(29 Posts)
IWillOnlyEatBeans Wed 23-Jan-13 09:06:13

I am debating about whether to switch from BF to FF.

One of my issues/questions is how I am meant to prepare formula when I am out and about. I know you are meant to make each feed up fresh - so how does this work when I am (for example) at toddler dance class with my 3 yr old (no kitchen facilities) or at toddler gym (same again).

I am a SAHM and money is tight so I can't use cartons of formula regularly.

Would a flask keep freshly boiled water hot enough? And then how would I cool it down to drinking temp?

Sorry for all the Qs. When DS1 was a baby I prepared his feeds all wrong (adding powder to cool boiled water then topping up with freshly boiled water to make it drinking temp) so want to make sure I do it right this time around...

FirstTimeForEverything Thu 24-Jan-13 19:43:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

stargirl1701 Thu 24-Jan-13 20:09:28

That's why I use cartons outside the home too. Tbh, if we could afford it I would just use the cartons. They do make life easier.

IWillOnlyEatBeans Thu 24-Jan-13 20:45:06

Me too stargirl

Thanks for all your suggestions! Part of me is keen to move from BF to FF but I do love the ease of getting my boob out and not having to worry about sterile bottles! But at least now I know how to do it right... smile

ThedementedPenguin Thu 24-Jan-13 23:24:36

Just another point to put in. You might not be able to use ready made cartons my ds refuses to drink them, whether there room temp or heated up. He will not drink from them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now