Doidy cups are amazing!

(11 Posts)
McBaby Sun 20-Jan-13 17:45:07

I hold it for her to drink from otherwise it wouldn't happen at the moment.

WeeWeeWeeAllTheWayHome Sun 20-Jan-13 14:14:36

I thought they looked amazing but sadly DS never got on with it managed to drink from "normal" cups though, the weirdo

Glad they work for other people though!

blue22 Sun 20-Jan-13 14:13:11

I can't remember exactly when she drank from it herself. I think you just have to accept its a bit messy and help them till they can do it fairly well. I have a picture of dd drinking herself on her 1st birthday so it must have been before then. Sure ther were lots of spillages though!!

Birdies Sun 20-Jan-13 14:06:42

How do you get them to drink from it on their own though? My baby drinks from it when I hold it and pour it for her, but if I give it to her she knocks it on the floor.

blue22 Sun 20-Jan-13 14:02:09

My dd1 went straight from breast to doidy. She was a bottle refuser, and my speech therapist friend recommended that I try a doidy as they're great for helping lip and tongue control too.
I started her at 6 months with water alongside breast feeds, then as she got more proficient I started to replace day feeds with milk from doidy. Then by 9 months she started refusing the breast and wante all her milk from the cup. It was amazing - she could proficiently drink from an adult glass or cup easily by 1. I now have dd2 who is just 6 months and I'm trying the same. She's not taking to it quite as easily but I'm going to persist as its just great to not have to worry about weaning from a bottle.

We have just started using one a couple of days ago, but at the moment DS thinks it is for blowing bubbles into the water rather than for drinking from hmm but I'm sure today I saw him take a few gulps and actually swallow them, rather than it all dribbling down and collecting in his bib.

I'm scared to try it with milk though, as I think I might cry if expressed milk got wasted sad. He can be a right monkey with the bottle though, so it would be good to know he could use the doidy cup instead.

Any tips?

McBaby Sat 19-Jan-13 14:00:27

Love it to. Bottle refuser from 6-22 weeks took 3oz out of doidy this week.

cookielove Sat 19-Jan-13 09:50:33

this is the doidy cup

A fab invention smile

Nancy54 Sat 19-Jan-13 09:47:20

Yes please tell! My dtg is a bottle refuser too!

iamamummy Fri 18-Jan-13 21:55:56

Which cup is this?
My 20 week old point blank refuses bottles...it would just be lovely of an evening to handover to dp and have a relaxing bath in peace as opposed to a 2 min shower! Ds feeds on/off continuously from 6-9pm

aamia Fri 18-Jan-13 13:54:53

My bottle refusing 17 week old DS grabbed both handles and drank from it himself (with a little adult guidance or he'd have milk on his ears right now!!)! We had tried normal open cups with some success, but this is just SO much better! Now anyone got any tips on expressing lol?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now